300 burning hole in pocket.- time to put this to bed...

pandamonium

Mmmmmkay. Seems tidy enough, though with any actual use it will crumble. And they hide the rot fairly well. I had a MkIV that looked presentable from 9 yards, but when we stripped it before it got weighed, the rot in the front 1/4 of the car and around the rear suspension was frightening. Still, it was pretty reliable (though a bit horrid to start from cold).

Not as bad a car as people say. I had a y plate 1.6 estate and it was a brilliant car for a cheepie. Only had to replace the distributer as when the seals go the cam pushes oil through it :oops:

I seem to recall hearing that the Mk3 Ghia models were mainly built at the Saarlouis factory in Germany, with much better rot protection, so that's (partially) why more survive - that and the fact that Ghias were bought by minted old giffers, the plebs buying 1.3Ls of course that were built at Halewood.Having said that my uncle had an A-reg 1.3L 3-door from six months old until 2001, and amazingly despite it living outside and never being cleaned, even the battery tray was rust-free. Still got scrapped though, for reasons that escape me (head gasket I think).'Course, I might be completely wrong and am getting my story mixed up with Sierras, but nonetheless - looks nice to me, the 4spd is meant to have a sweeter change than the 5spd, and if the dash isn't cracked sell it to a concours purist for £££!