Look what I've bought!!!

wuvvum

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D:D:D

£129 - bargain or what? Yes it's going to need some body work, but then so is every other Alfasud in the country, unless you want to give two grand for a freshly restored one. Which I don't. Haven't seen a Sud this old in the UK for a very long time. Only problem is this now means that I'm going to have to move the boat out of the garage and store it in a boatyard somewhere, 'cos I've run out of space and I'm not putting this one on the car park.

Cool that's hyper tasty, 1970s Alfasuds are super rare! Can't remember when I last saw one in the flesh, not at any show, or elsewhere in the UK or even abroad. It's been longer since I've been in the presence of an Alfasud like that then it has a MkI Strada or Renault 14 (besides my own obviously)! :shock: I'd love a closer look. What engine is it? Does it go ok or have you not received it yet?

Looks like the owner is an Alficionado!

The cars you've gained in the last few months are all 10/10s with me (Talbot 100 van, R9 Turbo, R6, MkI 323, now this! Would have liked that Dodge Space van too!)

Wot a beaut.Takes me back to 81 when I had an m plate Sud compleate with the rust and vinal seats, I used to polish the back ones with Mr Shifter so that when I took a roundabout too fast the girls used to slide from one side of the car to tuther, oh what a wag I was :twisted: Or just a pure w***er :lol: Where are these things when you have a couple of hundred notes at a loose end(very rare).Hope you enjoy it, keep us posted. :wink:

Well this just gets better and better. Just been on the 'phone to the seller and the car's still MoT'd! :D So, drag it home on the trailer, sort the clutch problem (probably just a knackered master/slave cylinder seal), then jump in and drive! Also means that I can tax it and hide it away on a street in a nicer part of town (like where the 166 is now) so I don't have to worry about rehoming the boat. It's been Ziebarted from new so is apparently very solid underneath and passed its last MoT first time. Being a 5M model it also has a 5-speed box - so even rarer then. I can't wait! :D

and hide it away on a street in a nicer part of town

... so it can rust in peace? Take care of this rare find man... don't let it rot away.
No no no. I made that mistake with my last Sud - not using it often enough, and then before I knew it it was out of T&T and beyond my ability to repair so I had to sell it. The "nicer part of town" I'm thinking of is about five minutes' walk from me - my 166 is parked there at the moment and I still use that regularly. Anyway, I don't think this Sud is going to rust away in a hurry - the chap I'm buying it off has used it as his daily driver all year round for the last five years, and it's been kept outside on his driveway without dissolving. It's obviously one of the good 'uns.

that rarest of things these days, not a solidish Alfasud, but a bargain off Ebay!!

See I've heard a lot of people say that recently - that you can't get a bargain on eBay motors any more. I'm at something of a loss to understand why people think that. In the past fortnight, without looking particularly hard, I've found:

Posted Image

Saab 900i, H reg, 3 months' T&T, £75

Posted Image

1955 Renault 4CV, complete except for windscreen, £105

Posted Image

1965 Wolseley Hornet, not on the road but appears to be in reasonable nick, £100

Posted Image

G reg Saab 900 Turbo 16 valve, MoT till end of July, £180

Posted Image

1996 Primera GX turbo diesel, MoT August, high miles but good condition, £235. [file photo - the ones on the listing were taken with a cheap phone and were about 2"x1"; this one's identical though apart from the registration]

Posted Image

Isuzu Trooper, 3.1 turbo diesel, MoT June, £510. I think all of the above could be classified as "bargains", and there must be dozens if not hundreds more that I didn't spot.