Newbie from Germany

stormee

Hi everybody on this board!After reading here for a while, I thought it would be appropriate to register eventually.I am a guy in his 30s living in Dortmund and of course I grew up with 70s and 80s cars, which are the nicest of all times to me.Maybe I can provide you with some shite around here, there's a lot!My current car is a 1987 Passat estate 2.2i but I'm into Sciroccos a lot also.I'll try to post some pics later, hope this works out well.Best Regards so farRalph

No, it hasn't died. It was sold to Belgium quite cheaply, my mate feared engine problems though it was a 1983 car after the timing belt improvement.

And, objects in pictures may be rustier than they appear! :wink:

Rust was also the main issue on the Scirocco, it came from Bristol and was rusty as hell for a MK2!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Welcome aboard Ralph :D Love the Golf, havn't seen such an early model looking that good for a very long time! MK2 Scirroco's are becoming a rare sight over here now, I did own a very nice gold coloured 1984 1600GL about 9 years ago, but the ownership only lasted less than 24 hours when a boy racer in a Fiesta XR2I wrote it off :cry: Lovely car to drive though..

Here are another 2 of my first Scirocco, drove it for more than 11 years, then a teenage boy in a 316 compact ignored a red traffic light and hit the car by it's front end's side while doing at least 50mph. I didn't take photos from the wreck, too sad view!

Posted Image

Posted Image

That Golf is the spit of the one that sold at my local classic car auction last year. It was in very nice condition and made (IMHO) a daft amount of money for a car with no tax or test. Like I say though, it really was lovely. I've had three Mk1 Golfs - the most expensive of which was £80. Great cars. I also had a Mk1 Passat estate, but mine was a 1.8 GL automatic. Still went pretty well though, and surprisingly good fun to drive apart from the heavy steering at low speed. I would like a GL5 though some day.

I also had a Mk1 Passat estate, but mine was a 1.8 GL automatic.

Don't suppose you've got any pictures of that anywhere Wuvs?stormee, hello & welcome! Know any MkI Passats around where you live?

I would like a GL5 though some day.

Is that what your's is stormee? If so don't suppose you can post the soundtrack onto You-Tube or something for me?? :D

I would like a GL5 though some day.

My car is a limited edition 'Trophy', only sold in Germany afaik, available in white, light blue and dark blue metallic. It is something in between GL and GT, thanks to VW for not featuring the plastic arch covers!!The 5 cyl. injection engine was a must for buying this car, me and my family had several Audi 5E and Coupé 5S, the sound and smoothness is without any doubt addictive!Go for a 5E shifter, the autos don't do well with these engines.

stormee, hello & welcome! Know any MkI Passats around where you live? Is that what your's is stormee? If so don't suppose you can post the soundtrack onto You-Tube or something for me?? :D

Thank you! I must admit, I actually tried to capture the starting sound of the Passat since it is really awesome! The noise of accelerating beyond 3500 at full throttle is a reason to throw your audio out of the window and never wish it back.But the car has done 260k km already, needs some care such as new waterpump, oil service and a check for little warming up issue, no big thing, it drives very nice, pulls really strong, torque is fascinating!Talking 'bout Passat 1, I am also (should be more involved) at www.passatclassic.deThe board to view about old Passats, it has an international section as well.

I'm a big fan of the Audi 5 pot.First one was a clunker of a Passat GL5 Estate, did me well including towing my old Splitty back from Stockport over the M62 in snow. The overweightness of the trailer damaged the back end somewhat, well to the point that when I went out to the car the following morning both rear side windows had shattered :shock: Second one was a early Audi Coupe 5S (the yummy quad headlamp one) in Black. What a car, and yes, what a noise!I had a Later 4 pot coupe, but the magic just wasnt there..The Volvo 850 2.0 20v I had (now in torstens stable) made the lovely thruming noise too......I think once you've had an engine with that one extra cylinder, its hard to go back to four. My Saab just sounds dull and thrashy :roll: