Today's niche market wrongness = tomorrow's shite...

pogweasel

What on earth?

Yet another odd car from a mainstream manufacturer with no discernable purpose in life...

Posted Image

I saw one of these on the road today, first time. In fact I had forgotten they existed. Hugely bland "box on wheels" styling, and being a Fiat probably already riddled with "quirks" (That's italian for faults). Why on earth? I mean, who... what... erm....

What is it for?

A Panda is small but spacious, a punto is at least mildly visually stimulating, and for masochists, you get your space kicks from a Doblo. SO this must be a magnificent white elephant.

(See also: Golf "Plus")

That Rodious is past shite, its so ugly it makes children cry.I had the misfortune to see one close up a couple of months ago, my truly chronically shite van needed something doing so I took it to my local Shitron dealer, who also sell Ssanyongs.THE BLOODY THING IS MASSIVE!!!

Saw an R Class in Norwich last week. It's piss ugly, but then so are most modern Mercs. There's a Rrodius that lives about quarter of a mile from me - it really is a thing of extraordinary hideousness, especially from the back. Still, in five years' time it'll be worth £3.85 so I might buy one to use as a van. Then again I might not.

Has everyone forgotten the recent Multipla???? The earliest of the recent incarnations was hideous tobehold, but was a joy to use. Not so the "facelift" version...... A Multipla would suit me perfectly, and values are in my kind of range. Now to swing the idea to the Missus.......That or a Ka for her first, just to do the commute. I still fancy a Skoda Superb V6 TDi Though........with leather of course.

For hideous & pointless look no further than.....

Posted Image

or

Posted Image

Mercedes Vaneo

The Renault Scenic started off this modern trend for MPV wannabes, things that are trying to fill the gap between car & people carrier by giving you more inches left, right & centre but no extra seats......

Meriva is another that springs to mind.....Carens another I think.

Anybody understand the Ford C-Max & S-Max? I take it they're above the Fusion but below the Galaxy? Are they really necessary?

Then there's the even more pointless mini MPV things like the Agila, the Wagon R, the Demio, the Tino, why bother? :?::roll:

What about one of these pieces of shite. Totally pointless, ugly and further cashing in on the original Mini legend.

Posted Image

Why even consider buying one? I mean, even the rear kiddie door opens onto the road because the lazy Germans can't be bothered to change the tooling.

Or one of these:

Posted Image

4x4 Golf anyone?

No thanks, I'll rather have a stroke.

That Rodious is past shite, its so ugly it makes children cry.

I had the misfortune to see one close up a couple of months ago

I had to actually drive a Rodius a couple of weeks back. Hideous looks that not even a parent could love aside, it handles like a ship in full sail, doesn't want to generate anything that might be refered to has 'speed' and has the parking brake pedal in a perfect place to break a leg in the event of an accident. Just utterly horrible.

And speaking of unspeakable awful, ladies and gentlemen, I give you....

Posted Image

In a similar vein

Posted Image

Posted Image

A friend works on the production line at Nissan. The Note is a Modus wearing a different suit. All the Nissan Note panels, floorpans, innards etc. are stamped 'Renault' :lol::lol:

Gotta say, out of the above mentioned vehicles, I don't mind the Rodius, at least it isn't a clone of other mpvs, the Cadillac BLS (Saab 9-3) is alot of car for £10k when nearly new and I'd seriously consider that Dodge Caliber as a Q-car due to its superb Passat 2.0 TDI engine giving 0-60 in 8-ish seconds. BMW must be taking us for mugs if they think the Mini clubman will be a success, although it will definitely be collectable and cherished in 20 years.....just not by me. I think that the Materia/Bb is okay too Mr Lobster although one is used a a mini-cab near me giving it shite status around these parts, not the image Daihatsu wanted!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Always thought the Chysler PT looked tat the minute they left the factory, here's how they should all be.

I've only seen one of those Mini Clubmen on the road. There are loads of saloons and cabs about, so perhaps BMW has got it all wrong, and people are not going to be taken for mugs. "Clubman door" my arse.And it still pisses me off that it's not called the Traveller.

Sorry, have to stick up for the Rhodius here. I recently travelled 700km up a very straight fast bit of motorway with 3 colleagues and a driver. We managed to discuss and point at A0 sized drawings of factories together, all of us with our laptops plugged in to the 12V sockets provided everywhere; listened to a fantastic random selection of songs from various MP3 players through sockets, again provided everywhere. 3 VERY large heavy suitcases in the back and we averaged 150km/h for the motorway journey without bothering an fuel stations with such an ugly vehicle.On the way back we were all very very drunk after a hard lunchless day's work and an extremely beery dinner with the clients preluded of course by the sinking of at least half a litre each of 52% toasting juice (previous visitors to the orient will know what this is). All slept soundly in lie flat positions without becoming to initimate and without throwing up; and arrived back at the hotel at just gone midnight refreshed enough not to be able to pass the bar on the way to our rooms.Serious business class travel - and a nice break from Buick GL8 and Previae that usually ferry us around at the moment. It IS ugly - from every conceivable angle it looks absolutely deranged - but this adds to the appeal. Only a Colman Milne Dorchester would have made for a better journey. Or that white Brazillian monstrosity posted up somewhere else recently.