Asda cheap synthetic oil

Station

Not bad!My car's currently full of their £1.69/litre 20w50. It smells nice.

Where was that from? Asda? I don't seem to be able to get 5 litres of 20W50 for £5 from the local spares shop any more. Prices seem to have leapt up to between £10 and £12 for the cheapest of chip fat oil.

Not bad!My car's currently full of their £1.69/litre 20w50. It smells nice.

Where was that from? Asda? I don't seem to be able to get 5 litres of 20W50 for £5 from the local spares shop any more. Prices seem to have leapt up to between £10 and £12 for the cheapest of chip fat oil.
Yeah, Asda. I wanted some cheap oil to flush my mayo-y engine, none of my usual supermarkets had any.Also I was in Halfords the other day and noticed their Classic 20w50 was only £17 - I'm sure it used to be nearer £21.

I get decent quality fully synthetic for £12 / 5 litres from my local motor factors.Wouldn't use Asda oil to lubricate the garden gate.Renault / Vauxhall etc all tend to do bulk buy deals. 100l of 5/40 synth for £100 seems to be pretty standard.

I get decent quality fully synthetic for £12 / 5 litres from my local motor factors.Wouldn't use Asda oil to lubricate the garden gate.

One of my engines is over 50 years old and anything other than cheapest chip fat will destroy it. The other one needs running in and I'm reluctant to spend £££ on oil I'm going to use for a few weeks and dump.

Will be popping to Wilko's when Fiesta and Audi get an oil change.What do you lot normally do to "Flush" the old oil out ?Some strange folk just drians the old stuff, bungs in aload of cheap oil and starts it for literally 5 seconds and leaves it to drain. The re-fills with the "good " stuff.

Station, this Asda stuff is not cheap. The label says it's £9 for 2 litres reduced from £20 but their 5 litre of the same oil is only £18 normally!!

£9 for two litres (should be £20)!

FFS, someone delete this fucking thread. :o Is someone looking for cheap (in price) synthetic oil?

You understand dirt cheap mineral and synthetic are two different things? I'm no oil connoiseur, but some engines need the good stuff, whereas older ones do with the shite stuff.

Station, this Asda stuff is not cheap. The label says it's £9 for 2 litres reduced from £20 but their 5 litre of the same oil is only £18 normally!!

£9 for two litres (should be £20)!

FFS, someone delete this fucking thread. :o Is someone looking for cheap (in price) synthetic oil?

You understand dirt cheap mineral and synthetic are two different things? I'm no oil connoiseur, but some engines need the good stuff, whereas older ones do with the shite stuff.

Umm both the Asda oils in the picture are the same type? He is just saying that £9 for 2 litres is not such good value when you can get 5 litres for £18 which seems logical enough to me!

Whats up with people around here these days? Yes, Station, of course I know the difference between synthetic and mineral oil!!I'm pointing out that you have actually paid the equivalent of £22.50 for 5 litres of synthetic oil when you could have bought the 5 litre can for £18 (£7.20 for 2litres)!!!And I was also pointing out that the 2l can could not be better than half price at £9 because a 2l can would never cost £2 more than a 5 litre one in the 1st place!!!I also put the 20/50 one in Wilkos here because OTHER people were asking where they could buy cheap 20/50 oil.Next time I won't bother telling you have have been ripped off. :roll: