Japfest

pompei

Rather than hijack the Diahatsu thread, can I ask here, is this show mainly modern stuff, or is there much in the way of historic/classic/shite, you know, the stuff we all like on here.I know it's early to be asking, but I'll need to get a pass out well in advance :wink:

At the moment Japfest is 90% modern stuff - with the occasional surprise shite thrown in, to be honest you'd be better keeping an eye on what happens in Billing with the various classic japanese car clubs that meet there every summer - nothing is confirmed yet, but with the new momentum of the oldjapanesecar forum, there's no reason to suggest it won't happen. The retro-rides show is also worthy for old japanese cars too.

Japfest does seem to feature the odd 240Z, but looks like old stuff is fairly thin on the ground. It does look like one of the better modern shows though, with track action and the likes. And putting this in the nicest possible way, looking at the galleries it seems to attract a better "sort" than some of the other modern shows. Don't really fancy it though.I think the Billing meet will go ahead, it's early yet though. The Suzuki SC100 Club said they'd be taking it on. Retro Rides 2008 is definitely one to make the effort for, as despite not being aimed wholly at old Japanese stuff, it is welcoming enough to attract all sorts of weird machinery. Even if I was the only old Japanese car there I'd still go though!I'm hoping I can encourage as many people as possible to come to the TACN meet in the Netherlands. Even if it's only a few of us, it'll be an interesting experience. Especially as in a previous year a beige Galant just like mine turned up (but with the extra-rare diesel engine).Finally, we should probably get round to arranging another unofficial J-tin meet at some point, the last one at Billing was great!

I love the Dutch events - been to a few Alfa and Fiat do's, and for me it's dead easy on the Hull-Holland ferry.There always seems to be loads of what you never see on these shores, and the Dutch people are famously friendly, what more could you want?