Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Questions of the Pony Pursuasion......

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lord Piston Broke

Lord Piston Broke

• 3 posts
  • LocationMid Glamorgan

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:05 AM

My fellow Lords & Ladies,Do any of you good people out there know anything about Mercury Cougars specifically the XR7 of 1969 ilk?I have been tempted by the weakness of our American cousins & their paltry dollar.The aforementioned beastie requires work but it hails from Texas where I'm assured the weather is charming.All joking aside, any ideas? Always wanted this model ever since I saw one in NJ. It's a true monster. Blokes asking $3700. I'm trying to find out how much shipping costs. Can anyone suggest anyone?If I can work out how to add a photo of it I'll even post one!
Toodle Pip!

#2 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

Last time I looked into this shipping from the Eastern seaboard was about £1500. That was a while ago though so might be more now. Or might be less if you go for a Ro-Ro, but I've heard horror stories of cars being written off during transit on those. Not sure how much it'd cost to get it dragged across from Texas to a port though. I do like Cougars - I think the '69s had flip'down covers over the headlights that looked like an extension of the grille, didn't they? Being a Texas car the bodywork will probably be solid but the paint may well have suffered, and the dash will probably be either warped, faded or cracked or a combination of two or more of those. $3700 is a good price though - depending of course on how much shipping, import duties and getting it through an MoT would cost. It'll probably still be cheaper than buying one that's already here, but it'll be a lot more hassle. Also, you'd realistically expect to get between 12-15mpg from one of those around town so it's unlikely to be much good as an everyday car.

#3 OFFLINE   Mash

Mash

• Full Members
  • 2,444 posts
  • Location1985

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:28 PM

Bah, I opened this thread hoping for the Hyundai Pony!! What a disappointment! :lol:

#4 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationThe vortex that transends time and space leading to destruction of the universe

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

Just to balance things out :wink:

Posted Image

and a nice shitey '69 Cougar XR7

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   nigel bickle

nigel bickle

• Full Members
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationnear to Liege

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:34 PM

I pay £995 to shift medium sized saloons from southern Oz -so reckon it would be a shed load cheaper from US -since thats over half way home.Tax, handling etc is dependant on how reasonably low you can get the purchase invoice...I ro-ro, nothing has turned up dented yet. Since the boat is full of new cars, I reckon they're well secured.Happy to suppply shippers details if needed.
Barkas,Datsun 411s, U11sssFiat 850, 1100's,124, 127, Stradas, Croma,Regata,Coupes,Gaz's,Isuzu 117,Bellel,BellettFord Taunus,Transit p/up, Nissan Pintara,Pug J7,505, MussoRenault 4,5,9's,12's,18's,Fuegos,21,25, Safrane, Colorale,Fregate's,Caravelle,Seat Ibiza,Ronda, Simca Aronde, 1100, Standard's (various),<p>Zast 313, Zaz 968's

#6 OFFLINE   outlaw118

outlaw118

• Full Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • LocationKipping in a layby by the A128

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

I want THAT XR7 NOW!!!love the whole shiteyness of it!!

2004 Alfa Romeo 156 JTD Sportwagon - Much Lovliness

1985 Ford Capri 2.0 - Baby - Sulking - Broken

2012 Vauxhall Combo 1.3 Dizzle - Workshite

2012 Kia Rio - Mills -o- matic SWMBO

2000 Peugeot 306 Meridian - Stepdaughtershite

2015 Ford Fiesta Zetec - Stepsonshite - 

2009 Citroen Xsara Picasso - Stepdaughter-in-law Familybus

#7 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

Bah, I opened this thread hoping for the Hyundai Pony!! What a disappointment! :lol:

I think most people would have been!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users