Whatever happened to the Lotus Lada?

pandamonium

Yeah, if I recall it was run until the tax/MOT ran out and then left stood for a while. It was then sold on eBay as is and shipped out to Germany.

Spotted on net--2006 5 January 2006 • 9:21PM +0800 LOTUS LADA is up for grabs again!I am sure most of you all know that my 1996 Lada Riva was made over by Lotus cars ltd in 2002, on behalf of BBC Top Gear. It emerged as a complete one off with over £100,000 spent on modifying bodywork, suspension, full race tuned 2 litre twin cam engine and a luxurious bespoke interior. sadly I had to sell it in 2003 mainly due to financial constraints ( my wife had just given birth to our first child) and the car subsequently went to a german Lotus nut. Well, The chap is now selling the car, he's setting up a business overseas and needs to sell this unique, and very fast (237Kmh) Lada! there were a few teething troubles when I sold it on, which he has thrown huge sums of money at and managed to sqeeze a few more BHP out of it to boot! (180+ Bhp) he's spent about 20,000 euro's including the purchase price and is hoping to re-coup as much of this back as possible. I realise that this is well beyond the means of most of you chaps out there, but there must be someone interested in taking this totally unique car on. please spread the word, if anyone is genuinely interested please contact me off group. I will then pass your email on and he will send you a full spec and photo's of the car, and details of how to contact him directly. please please please, NO DAYDREAMERS OR TIMEWASTERS! This car is a serious bit of kit and is not for the faint-hearted or the skint!.