Claxon Horns

Andrew353w

My first self-started thread on Autoshite! Hey!!! The twin wind tone horns on the Fun failed, so I popped into my local factors shop (they all ducked behind the counter; "oh no, not another part for his bloody Wartburg...") and asked for a set of air horns, which they agreed to order for me. A few days later they said they'd received "an air horn"-note the singular... They'd acquired a "Klaxon" horn! I think they're illegal, unless your car is pre-dark ages. Am I right? Any thoughts?I fitted it and the noise was loud and funny! I felt like I was driving a clown's car in a fairground! It stayed for a week before being changed for a set of PROPER air horns (160dB-BEAT THAT!) Anyone want a Klaxon?

In the early 80's I always remember hearing 'Dixie' on and around the estate I lived on in Hull. Halcyon days. :lol: Dixie is now illegal I think......

HaHA you're right! that is such an 80s thing. Here it was on a black Capri that used to roar around town tooting out that tune.

I had a dixie one.... it was semi-legal, since if you only pressed the button for a second it just sounded a constant tone. Holding the button down played the whole tune.It passed MOT since my tester used to get me to sit in the car hitting the switches while he tested lights and horn etc.