A few from the weekend - a few more odds n sods, part 2

55bloke

The 1st fine and dry day for what feels like months tepmted me out with the camera on Sunday. Found a few interesting spots, but nothing to compare with the threads some others have posted of late. Sheffield seems depressingly shite free compared to some places!

This was outside our local church.

Posted Image

Whilst this one lives not far away.

Posted Image

These two I suspect are owned by the same Pug enthusiast, as they're always parked within yards of each other.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This Corsair V4 has been parked here for a long time with no apparent work going on. (There was a white Mk 2 Cortina there prior to this, and it vanished having made no evident progress) Number plate has a very odd looking font. I know of another example on a drive only about a mile from this one, but in a less photographable environment.

Posted Image

Wouldn't normally bother with an update for just ONE car, but this is a corker!! Er............ sorry, but for some reason, my comp is refusing to copy and paste from my photobucket account! :oops: Will have another go later. How bloody frustrating!

I really need to get some Old Japanese Car business cards made up to drop under the wipers of cars like this.Unfortunately I only have one fully roadworthy car and I can't get it to motorway speeds due to turbo issues, so I can't get it to the service station and print some out, Ken Worthington style.

Out and about yesterday, and spotted a few items of interest:-

I think this will have at least one fan on here!!

Posted Image

Looked freshly restored.

Posted Image

Nice old Jag- wonder if it came with that plate?

Posted Image

Spotted this through the trees, and couldn't quite make out what it was- now I can see the pic, it looks like some sort of stretched Range Rover. Anyone know any more?

Posted Image

Finally, just couldn't resist this!! How cool is it to have visitirs that arrive by helicopter?

Posted Image

That Jag must be post 93 as the headlamp surrounds are clour coded, not chrome finished. The grey growler badge means it is a 3.2 or a 4.0, and the twin lights exclude it as a sovereign spec. 4.0 Executive with option sport wheels is my guess given the chrome window surrounds - later Sport models were dechromed. Lovely and obviously loved.

can you run L629WDU for me? Or tell me how you get that info?CheersCT

Click on 'Vehicle Enquiry'http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/

Bonus points for getting what looks like a "mk2" ShittyRover in the background. I don't think these cars were ever officially launched?

They weren't, but a batch got shipped over and sold by car supermarkets for a more realistic price than MG-Rover ever had in mind, something like £4k...

can you run L629WDU for me? Or tell me how you get that info?CheersCT

Your free vehicle summaryAuto Trader strongly recommend conducting afull check before you purchase a vehicle.Details for VRM : L629WDUMake JAGUARModel XJ12 AUTOEngine Size 5993Colour BLUEFuel PETROLBodyStyle 4 DOOR SALOONTransmission NOT AVAILABLEGears NOT AVAILABLE Previous Keepers 5Date of registration 29.03.1994Last keeper change 19.05.2004http://www.autotrader.co.uk/ gives you a bit more information than the DVLA one but I think it only works on vehicles that are on the road.

Bonus points for getting what looks like a "mk2" ShittyRover in the background. I don't think these cars were ever officially launched?

They weren't, but a batch got shipped over and sold by car supermarkets for a more realistic price than MG-Rover ever had in mind, something like £4k...
Imagine if they did have their own launch! Room hired out at a local pub, 2 Unlimited blasting out of a crackly loudspeaker, an old man in a scruffy British Leyland overall emptying Asda Smart Price crisps into a plastic bowl. Meanwhile an apathetic junior executive shows half a dozen unconvinced journalists a Powerpoint presentation he knocked up at three in the morning, devoting two entire slides to the fact it has a glovebox and reserving a third of the screen for Office '97 standard clipart (stickman standing next to bomb, man with lots of hats on, grinning man holding a bundle of money).On a more serious note, I'm amazed that most of them I see are in decent condition! I'd wager it is due to them being favoured by the biddy brigade.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so here are a few more pics from the past few weeks. As usual for this area, there's nothing earth-shattering, but still worth putting up, I think.

1st couple spotted in the yard of a small garage in Lincs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This lives close to us- can't recall seeing any others for years:

Posted Image

Snapped this in haste from a moving car, hence crap quality!

Posted Image

Not sure of shite credentials, but these are getting scarce, and I think have some fans on here?

Posted Image

This probably a bit "new" to be true shite, but the overal image, I think, is pure shite!!

Posted Image

On much firmer ground, shite-wise, with this earlier Ford estate. And as I pressed the shutter, the C reg Volvo which I hadn't noticed entered shot to make a nice double!

Posted Image

tried for a better shot of the pair, but wasn't quick enough!

Posted Image

Finally, this was the scene which greeted me as I opened the curtains this morning!

Posted Image

Making an interesting comparison to my 25, this lives a couple of doors down from us:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, had a couple of trips out recently, and have snapped some more old motors- hopefully SLIGHTLY more interesting that the last crop!! :lol:

This beaut passed us just outside Rotherham. I do like them! Styling way ahead of it's time.

Posted Image

And, from the same sort of time and place:

Posted Image

This was lurking round the back of a country house we called in at.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are such handsome cars, vastly better than anything Merc currently sell, IMHO.

Posted Image

This was a surprise find up on the North East coast- could practically see the sea air corroding it!

Posted Image

Couldn't resist the chance to photograph 2 French beauties together!!

Posted Image

A couple more French- - er- - beauties? :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not sure it's right for this site, but it surely is shite!

Posted Image

The purpose of this trip was to see this, which is in no way shite, but think there's some on here will appreciate it!

Posted Image

Of course, to see it, we were in Heartbeat country, so had to shoot these! C.P.T.C. anyone?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wonder when these last moved, and if they ever will again?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beyond help?

Posted Image

On our way home, we passed this- forgive 53 Babe's poor photographic skills!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image