Travelling with a camera: my photo scans from the early 90's

reallyloud

Thanks minimad5

No problem, just showing appreciation.

Another good batch.

Sure that Mk1 Fiesta has incorrect seats, being the L spec they came standard with the "A" headrests .. no ?

That Amazon / 122 is really nice, huge want for one recently.

Shame about that 240GLT, looks like it has been drifting and hitting everything !

Thanks again for sharing the snaps.

Mind if i save a few?

Mind if i save a few?

Yeah go for it. Once these images are online they effectively become public domain. I am in the process (2 years and counting) of rebuilding my website which will alphabetically display each manufacturer. Some cars (e.g Ford) have close to a thousand photos. I also have to compile scrapyard photos as well as scan in the 90's scrapyard photos.....

Yeah go for it. Once these images are online they effectively become public domain. I am in the process (2 years and counting) of rebuilding my website

Just thought i would ask, some people are fussy :)

And once you are finished with the website, don't forget to display it in full glroy on here :wink:

:shock: I really dont know how you do it, so many fantastic cars! I love the Caravelle, and the tatty 220. Has the Superpoise been spotted recently by someone else? Looks familiar....

If I may put my pedant hat on for a moment, I think the Volvo is an 1800S rather than a P1800, and the Mitsuka galue is supposed to look like a Bently, not a Jag.... although I think I can forgive you for that one, it's not exactly a faithful reacreation :lol:

Stupendous selection! I’d like to get along to a historic touring car race of some sort one day, I’m sure they would have them on at Snetterton. Historic stock cars are on at the big Spedeweekend at Foxhall this Sat/Sun, as I prefer oval racing to proper circuit stuff that pleases me. I’ll have a crack at a photo or two, if I can take the DSLR and poke it through the mesh I might be able to get reasonable results with the track being so close.

Great to see the Mitsuoka. The Crew was an odd thing, but it suits this really well.

Those square lights on the Chrysler are interesting. I think I’ve seen similar on a Plymouth or something of that era. Difficult to think of anything much earlier than that with lenses anything other than round(ish).

You should try and spot everything in London RL! From the looks of things, crouch end is pretty good although Im guessing someone from here has probably already been there.

From experience, London is prime for tat spotting, but you see some amazing stuff.

Really appreciate the positive feedback, glad to see that its all striking a chord here. This weekend is going to be a particularly busy weekend for car shows - bizarrely and really by luck I came across one today a few miles away from work. Odd to see one on a thursday particularly in the market town of Witney, near Oxford but there was a quite good turn out - with several owners clubs in attendance - i'd say there were 100 or so cars there. Show started at 6pm until dusk.

No real surprises but here's a selection of the more interesting ones:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very good mini turn out - 2 of about 15 mini's on show.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Bizarre. I think this is a genuine M535i too but something tells me that these were official conversions by someone.

Posted Image

This was neat, don't recall seeing many if these at all.

Posted Image

Healthy VW trun out too - mostly scened Golfs, Beetles and Vans.

Posted Image

GT Beetles are really quite rare, and as mentioned elsewhere on the forum good to see original unspoilt versions. These had the twin port 1600cc but retained the non super beetle front.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is crying out for a Rediffusion/Rumblelows/Radio Rentals livery

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like basic spec model with its hubcaps but is badged as a 2.8.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Deliciously early XR3.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Standlake Arena is very close by, and the organisers had a selection of banger, stock cars and racers on display.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not a bad selection for a midweek £2 show. Fingers crossed i'll have a good selection from Goodwood tomorrow.....

Check out the Honda CRX with the mad electric roof in the background.

As these are Targa tops is it not just that they've put the bootlid on wanky tall struts? just don't know how you'd engineer an electric targa roof on small saloon type coupe like the later CRX or have they somehow got the lid sliding into the bootlid hence why the bootlid is so deep? if so then thats pretty neat, tacky but neat.

Nice pics as usual RL, cheers.

There's lots of pointless crap in the world, Terrence.

I'll be down for your buggery later.

Get to the back of the que! Just checked out a video as your link no worky for me and on a standard CRX it looked better but the way the bootlid jerks about like a six-year old having a fit wouldn't inspire much confidence to be honest.

I like the way the rear window on these goes up and down, shame it just wasn't as nice as the previous CRX.

I missed the Wallingford thing - odd thing is that I've never been despite my parents living very close by. I must admit I didn't snap any pics of the CRX, and assumed that the roof mechanism was home made too.

I took a trip over to goodwood today, I suspect quite a few pictures will pop up over the next few days in other threads. I got there a bit late due to collosal traffic - the A34 was shut for some reason. But finally got into the venue at 2.00pm, after some lengthy detours. Next year I will have to go for all 3 days, as there is too much to see if you want to experience everything - for example I missed most of the actual racing and only visited the paddock late in the day. However, I spent much of the time in the rally stage, which was great to watch - worth the 10 minute uphill stroll.

I'll post up the rally stuff now, and a few examples of the static display tomorrow. I have taken the liberty of cropping some shots to add some effect.

Posted Image

This fiat nearly lost it here, much to the delight of the crowd.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This was my pick of the stage - I think this proper Abingdon works car - checkout the the sponsors....

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of 3 minis.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

....and this was my second favourite car - unfortunately I only saw it go round once.