Rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket88

As a new member, I thought I'd start as I mean to go with a quick rant. Having bought/sold/swopped more cars than I care to remember, I'm getting hacked off with the followingSellers advertising their cars on t'internet, and then spend their time not replying to any form of attempted communication. You send an email...no reply, you ring them.........."please leave a message blah...blah...blah", you leave said message, no response . When you eventually make contact, they say they sold it weeks ago...........Buyers, contact you via email with various questions/requests for photos/ would you swap it for 4 camels and a 400 grammes of mhyrr. You reply as best you can, asking them to ring you. They send you ANOTHER email asking more questions, you ask for THEIR phone number...ad nauseum. OR, even more infuriatingly, they email you a contact number which is on permanent answerphone.[by the way, got a mint '84 Camaro for sale or swap, I'm on 07797 730957, and I WILL answer the phone!]

Jersey is super-rubbish for this, probably something to do with the lack of tax and MOT therefore when it comes to car trading people tend to be a lot more take-it-or-leave-it.Similarly, there's tons of muppets who haven't a clue when it comes to importing/exporting vehicles. Heard plenty of horror "bought off Ebay" stories where Jersey resident buys tidy-in-the-photos MGB or similar with 12months test, only to find that on the thorough vehicle import examination required for 25+ year old stuff, there's about three hundred defects preventing the vehicle from being registered. Garage labour rates a lot higher here too...