Bloody car insurance

CortinaDave

I have a claim in for my car going on fire last year.... so far a straightforward claim has dragged on 5 months, they are trying every trick in the book to get out of it and frankly its starting to get up my nose.I've done everything they've asked and more... but the've spent so much time trying o get out of it they've run up a storage bill in excess of what the car was actually worthlatest is they asked for my licence, which i sent a copy of, then they asked me to send a signed disclosure mandate so they could see what was on my dvla record, which i did. Now they've written again asking me to call them "to set up a conference call with the DVLA"Its really getting up my nose now.. surely I have done enough? do i have to go through with this conference call malarkey by law?

What happened to it Dave - the dashboard caught fire or something didn't it?I think there is something called the Insurance Ombudsman you can go to if your company is playing the fool. A branch of the Citizens Bureau might have some advice for you - or perhaps paying £100 to get some advice and a threatening letter from a solictor might be worth it?(The trouble with the legal route is that costs rapidly escalate beyond the value of the amount being fought over - insurance companies use this to their advantage)

I was told it was the wiring around the air con unit that caught fire.. bloody annoying as it had just come out of a £450 repair the day before, i was not happy!I'm also worried that the car has been at the insurer's garage since august racking up a storage bill.. if they turn round and refuse to settle the claim I'm worried i could get landed with it.