Got new daily shite

peter9000uk

Bit new for most on here but definately future shite2002 Citroen C5 HDi Exclusive, quite a pleasant drive and 6 months tax 8 months MOT all for less than a grand. AFter a little research another bonus is £125 / year road tax. Have done around 50 miles in it so far of urban driven and is showing 47.1 mpg.Whist I was picking it up at a local Citroen/Kia dealer (it was a part ex and I know the sales manager) I had a look around at some of the scrappage cars they have, I was gutted to say the leastV reg Scenic dieselS reg BMW 323i with full history and 80k miles98/99 Merc CDi 320 Elegance96 Volvo 850 Estate99 Nissan AlmeraV reg 5 dr Punto HLXP reg 16v Astra SportS reg Rover 416 SLiL reg Renault 21 Savannah 2.1 diesel 7 seaterP reg Saab Turbo with Aero alloys and leatherW reg Xsara dieselS reg VectraK reg Pug 106Nearly all the above were traded in for Kias

That sounds ace, I love the C5, i reckon its easily one of the nicest-driving modern cars. I drove one on a 600-mile round trip in a day once and was amazed how unexhausted I was when I got out of it at the end. not something you would notice on a test drive but its definetley got some interesting subtle driving characteristics going on.

Agreed, they're lovely underrated cars. Can't figure out why they never really sold in great numbers, apart from the "OMG CITROEN R SO WACKY" vibe they've been giving off. But that's not a new thing....And for three figures at 8 years old it's a bit of a bargain. Definately futureshite (no offence!) :)

Do you reckon the C5s are cheap because they get overlooked in place of 'fancy' cars?No offence or owt like buy they're so anonymous I honestly reckon people don't even consider them.They seem to make an awful lots of sense as they're so cheap and I don't recall hearing bad things about them.

There are quite a pleasant drive TBH. Have found a CD changer under the driver's seat that works. The auto lights & wipers work but the NS door mirror heating doesn't seem to work nor does the dip function when you are reversing. The radio only seems to put out static now but the CD works so can't be much.I was really after a diesel estate but they seem to command a bit more money. I was offered a pertrol saloon a while back for £500.Truely value for money motoring.The ones to avoid with a long stick are the HPi petrol ones.The 2.2diesel is best avoided as well as it has that special fluid and filter you have to top up and change at anywhere between 30 & 75k and it costs a bloody fortune. Apparently there is a 2.0 HDi 90hp one but I have the 110 hp version which is supposed to be the best.I have spoken with Taxi drivers who have them with over 300k on them with no major problems.Mine also has the normal headlights and not Xenons which is a bonus as there are a pain to change and rather expensive

The old mans got one, a 1.6 TDI i belive on a 55 plate, not my cup of tea, however the ability to mission over speed bumps at full pelt is quality, and it rides well. Not really a drivers car though, and looks a bit hideous. But im almost certain its a 1.6 TDI seems to go well enough, and the ability to turn it into a low-rider is also rather amuzing. :lol:

I cant help but feel a bit of affection for the C5. They do seem very unloved in terms of genuine fans rather than those who use them as a tool. Rightly so as they dont look very nice. I'd roll in one though....Providing it wasnt the 'facelift' one which has those awful rear light clusters*. A friend and I used to C5 spot as they were somewhat rare, then a newer one came out with those lights.. we both clocked it, looked at each other and just started laughing. They really did look that bad.*I'll want one in a few years time.