Top Gear BL Shite Special

Twinspark

On 5th Gear they trashed an old 1.0L Charade by having that slightly wonky-faced car woman thrashing it around in Wales. Not sure what it was to prove exactly.

I saw a bit of the 5th Gear show where VBH was taking a baseball bat to the panels of a Merc W124 to see if it was strong :roll: Zooming over speedbumps at Milbrook was done as well, fair enough if a bit stupid, but hitting it with a baseball bat ffs??

Ah yes, the W124 'destruction tests', supposedly to prove that M-B build quality ain't what it was in the late 80's. I seem to recall driving into a river and then going over the car with a monster truck.Also VB-H trashed an Audi 100 for no good reason, hitching it up to an HGV then spinning the wheels in 1st at the redline until the front tyres burst. 5th Gear is just trying to be Top Gear without any of the wit or budget...

Does anyone know whats happening to this BL stuff on Top Gear yet then? I have`nt been watching it but I`d be interested to know if they`re going to plumb new depths by trashing a Princess, Dolomite and SD1 in the same episode or whether they`re quite happy at 50,000 fathoms.

Well I bought the current edition of Top Gear Magazine, just says that there's dampness involved.. I light of the above comments the tests from the preview on www.bbc.co.uk/topgear show them at a 'proving ground' either milbrook or another.. So given BL's propensity to fall apart, I cant see them lasting long. Also see V-BH abuse of Mercedes 124 at the aforementioned place :roll:

Put it this way- one of the repeats shown last week on the DAVE channel of last years TG was an episode I didn't recognise but it involved Jezza, Hamster & May spending £1500 on an 80s supercar & then putting them through various challenges to find out which is the best. JC got a 1991 Starion, RH a mid 80s 635i and JM an early 80s XJS. I remember thinking that they surely wouldn't destroy cars that cost so much more than the cars we buy on here & treat like babies - I mean they didn't destroy those ones they bought in America, they gave them away afterwards - and that amount is only a few hundred less than I paid for my modern car and 18 times more expensive than my R14 was! None of the challenges were ruining the cars. That is until the final challenge where they made wreckless modifications to 'improve' them, painted them up & competed in what amounted to no more than a destruction derby around a hay field. Those BL cars are doomed :cry:

• 5 years later...

Still alive somewhere:

The vehicle details for RHP 749M are:

Date of Liability 01 08 2013

Date of First Registration 14 02 1974

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status SORN Not Due

Vehicle Colour GREEN