Imports

pompei

There's an '86 Prelude on ebay in Dublin. I'm totally skint, and couldn't afford a pint of Guinness, let alone an old motor, but for future reference, what's the procedure for importing from Ireland? Once here, do you have to get an SVA and MoT, and do you have to register it here or can you continue to run it on Irish plates?I assume that if it comes from the North, it'll be just as though it came from anywhere else in the UK?

If you bring a car from NI to GB, you don't have to reregister it - similarly, my CLK500 has GB plates, and I'm in NI.An interesting point to note is that if you bring a car from NI to GB and keep the NI plates, you won't have to MOT the car until it's 4 years old (NI legislation)

If it's on Irish plates (as opposed to NI plates), you send off the old registration document to the DVLA and get it MOT'd.I take it it's the red one you've been looking at? 2000 euro is a bit eye-watering considering you'd pick up a UK one for buttons and not have to shell out for a ferry ticket. :shock: