Retro's wrecks (Crewe Crap) - 13.01.08...

retrogeezer

My first batch of the year for you to enjoy...

Corolla ( sorry for the shite photo)

Posted Image

Now this thing had been seen 'cruising' the streets in the 6 months we've lived here, an absolutely shocking build - how on earth the owner thought it looked cool I will never know. Anyway, I popped out to the shops one evening and this was laid up 20 metres from where the photo is with 2 cars either side and a lot of banging going on at the front suspension.

The next morning I drove past and this was the end result - I guess they tried to weld something up and that was the end......if there was ever an advert to join the AA this is it...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first of 2 very clean Rover 200's:

Posted Image

My favourite spot of the year (so far!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did snap this Capri before but it deserved better photos:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Clean (& rare) Honda Concerto

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another re-spot with better pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice Mk1 - probably worth about £20,000:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This looked cheap for £695:

Posted Image

Ranky Rover;

Posted Image

Metro City Special!

Posted Image

I was going to knock on the door about this car as the tax supposedly ran out in July 07 and I could see it was an old disc in the window when I took the pic. Today I was just about to walk up the drive and I noticed a new disc in the window. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mazda 121 suntop thing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Povo Maestro:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nissan Scummy

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/retrogeezer/26122007004.jpg

rare & expensive shite;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/retrogeezer/28122007.jpg

rare & not-so-expensive shite:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/retrogeezer/31122007.jpg

and last but not least - a very clean 200 cabrio:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/retrogeezer/31122007002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/retrogeezer/31122007001.jpg

Posted Image

Why are Fast Ford owners such twats about mis-spacing registration letters so as to make sure other road users have their attention drawn to "RS", what a fucking stupid thing to do.

Nice pics by the way - Mk1 Cavvy my fave there

That's a special one-off car to commemorate the entry of the "Dlozw RS" team to the Polish Touring Car Championship sometime in the late 80s.Their main rivals were "DAZ 6308", a Polish washing powder company.

I was going to knock on the door about this car as the tax supposedly ran out in July 07 and I could see it was an old disc in the window when I took the pic. Today I was just about to walk up the drive and I noticed a new disc in the window. :(

Posted Image

Top marks for finding an early saloon with the original grille still in place! :D

Hope those clear indicator lenses aren’t the beginning of something altogether more sinister...

It is impossible not to have a little chuckle when looking at this toasted turdbox. Look at the paint 'join' halfway up the D-pillar! Shocking.If i was walking back from the pub and came across that, i'd have great difficulty in going past it without having a quick piss on the dashboard.

Posted Image

Hope those clear indicator lenses aren’t the beginning of something altogether more sinister...

Looks like there is..... Couldn't be 100% certain but that looks like its also been lowered a touch.

Still, it is very clean!

Pleased with the toasted Corsa as well, someone somewhere must be gutted. Good. :twisted:

Posted Image

Why are Fast Ford owners such twats about mis-spacing registration letters so as to make sure other road users have their attention drawn to "RS", what a fucking stupid thing to do.

Nice pics by the way - Mk1 Cavvy my fave there

OI!! :x

He He, If you think thats bad you should check some of the "fast" ford websites.

They end every post with the word "cheeRS!" (sic)

yeh, I've been had on the plates before....they were all the rage the last time it was actually used.I put a Golf Gti aerial on the roof too which in hindsight was not such a good thing but this was in 1993 and I was more concerned about not ending up with another rotten front wing.It's not been on the road since sep 2001 which is criminal really. I must get it back on the road this year. The pics were taken in August 06 and it still drives fine but will need a few small jobs doing for the MOT.

Posted Image

I would love to have seen the sequence of events that led to this - judging from the state of that wing the car was moving when the bottom balljoint let go, so it looks like the lads got to try out their repair before subsequent events spoiled their evening.

I'd like to think that the balljoint let go first, causing the car to slew off the road and then catch fire before the pizza-faced owner's eyes, who (for maximum comedy value) then smashes the back window in an impotent rage. Tee hee! Most satisfactory.

I bet he hadn't told his Mum's insurance company about those mods, either. :lol:

Posted Image

I'd like to think that the balljoint let go first, causing the car to slew off the road and then catch fire before the pizza-faced owner's eyes, who (for maximum comedy value) then smashes the back window in an impotent rage. Tee hee! Most satisfactory.

I'm surprised that it hadn't been stripped absolutely bare by the time the photo had been taken! The bust rear screen and forced parcel shelf suggests that most of the inevitable enormous amounts of ICE in the boot has already walked, however

I would love to have seen the sequence of events that led to this - judging from the state of that wing the car was moving when the bottom balljoint let go, so it looks like the lads got to try out their repair before subsequent events spoiled their evening. I'd like to think that the balljoint let go first, causing the car to slew off the road and then catch fire before the pizza-faced owner's eyes, who (for maximum comedy value) then smashes the back window in an impotent rage. Tee hee! Most satisfactory. I bet he hadn't told his Mum's insurance company about those mods, either. :lol:

I would have thought that it caught fire, (probably after being ragged around the roundabout several times), then was probably driven up the curb at high speed hence the displaced ball joint, due to the grass being ripped up in the wheels trail and no skid marks on the road.

I would have thought that it caught fire, (probably after being ragged around the roundabout several times), then was probably driven up the curb at high speed hence the displaced ball joint, due to the grass being ripped up in the wheels trail and no skid marks on the road.

...and I suspect you might be right.

Here are the occupants:

Posted Image