Well, My New Car

VWPowered

Well just done a deal on this...(bit of cash, bit of work) cost €200 (£180ish)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

no ct but only as the chap let it expire, needs nothing but the abs light does not light up (problem or not??)

he has thisnow so its just sat doing nothing..

Posted Image

i know nothing 'bout honda's he's an enthusiast so the car has been well looked after, but anything to look for ??

4th generation Accords are marvellous, over-engineered and built with precision. The only problem with them, from what I remember of my parents' one is that rust tends to bubble up at the bottom of the rear arches and under the sill trim. Not a big deal though, and I'm not sure if it affects the American-built coupes. They are pretty unburstable, but neglected automatic gearboxes can be trouble whatever car they're fitted to.I assume it's a 2.2? They are nice engines, very smooth and they sound quite rorty in a civilised way at the top end.

Is that a 6 or 12 banger XJS? Looks like a Celebration edition which means it's got the same wheels as my XJ12. I want them extremely badly. If he ever decided to change them for spokes (to accompany the not very nice USA style twin headlamps) tell him I will take them off his hands.Nice Coupe - what's under the flap on the rear armrest? Giant ashtray for Montecristos?

Haven’t got a clue as to what to look for, though they often pop up on eBay here for spares/repair so might be worth looking at them to see what the issues might be.I’d love to get hold of one, if one had popped up when I needed something in the summer I’d have been very happy. Later Accord coupes get less saloon-like, there’s one which has some distinctly NSX styling cues.

from the ad i think its a straight 2.0

Anyone interested in our French-registered RHD 1992 Honda Accord 2 litre coupe? Very tidy condition inside and out, just a few paint marks and very slight bubbling in front of one rear wheelarch. 120k miles but on the button and everything works (including roof, air con, etc, etc) bar the ABS. My garage tells me it doesn't need working ABS for the controle technique so all it needs is 4 cheapie tyres to make it an interesting runabout. We'll practically give it away...

It's ridiculous really - everything works on this car, even the air con! The paint isn't faded either, just strong sun in that corner of the garden this morning (Monday, Sept 7).Although the battery is now shot the car is on the button, via the booster box and runs like a sewing machine. There's even a Haynes with it that I ordered from America. And that big shiny lump on the end of the cam cover is a factory replacement dizzy that cost me 650 euros in 2004!We'll be delighted to entertain anyone who wants to come over and have a closer look at it.Anyway -

Lovely.I dunno if the French CT is like the MOT regarding the ABS, where it doesn't matter if it actually works or not, just that the light needs to come on when the ignition is on and go out after the engine fires up.Although I am disappointed it's not a Simca 1308.

Lovely.I dunno if the French CT is like the MOT regarding the ABS, where it doesn't matter if it actually works or not, just that the light needs to come on when the ignition is on and go out after the engine fires up.Although I am disappointed it's not a Simca 1308.

Home brew bodge using an IC 555 timer - the 555 being TTL can switch 12v without any real trauma, or you can use a relay to switch the bulb.http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html#20.

Awesome! congrats on an astute acquisition there VW, I very nearly bought an estate one of these last year but ended up with the Aerodeck that came after your shape, I seem to have become a bit of an 80s/90s Honda perv and would dearly like one like yours one day, I was really impressed with the one I drove in terms of just a fairly well made reliable old motor that cost peanuts.As mentioned the dizzy's are a weak point-a fact that was noted when they were in whatever Rovers they were fitted to although having said that my Accord has the same engine (2.0) and runs beautifully.This was the shape that the Rover 600 and the UK 4-door Accord from the mid nineties was based on so it must've been half decent, odd though as my '94 Aerodeck isn't despite being mechanically the same as yours.I do know that some parts like alternators are very expensive even from non-genuine sources but there's always ebay.Shite-Meisters not-so-fascinating fact 224: them there A-ccords like that there wot you have just purchased were the first production cars to feature clear lenses on the headlights. hmmmm.

The estates were based on the US platform - they diverted around the time the 600-based one came out, I think.Re. the ABS light - you could always hook this up to the airbag light. Not strictly cricket, but this is what my neighbour did with his Mk3 Golf last year.What is a classic? The $64k question. Although I note that if you are a member of the Jaguar Enthusiasts Club, you can get classic insurance for any Jag > 5 years old, which will probably please the X-Type fans of this board.Whatever, I like this shape Accord coupe better than the later ones. Also, the F-series engine/4-speed auto seems pretty bulletproof - my wife's one has been in the family since it was 3 years and 18k miles old, and has cost 3p/mile to run, maintenance-wise...2 sets of tyres, 2 cambelts, a set of brake discs and pads, 60k gearbox oil changes and oil/filters every 4.5k. Needs new front shocks now, so I'll wang a pair of Bilsteins on over Christmas. The only downside is it's juicy on fuel.