Spanish car crash footage.

reallyloud

Having grown up in Spain for quite a part of my life, this brings back memories of the travelling Stunt shows that used to come to the town quite regulary. very shonky on the old saftey aspect, but all the more entertaining in a rather macabre way!Always a load of Renault 12s and Seat 124/5s getting abused too.Lots of uber espanol-o-tat in this one too:

I lived in a small village outside Granada in 1990 which had a real precarious road.We used to borrow a German mates fantastic ol Mercedes 240D to get home afer a night out on the discos.Needless to say..my mate was a bit pished n and whilst attempting a severe right hand bend at about 100kph..the arse gently slid to the left until we completed a full turn.. side slamming the kerb at full force bouncing in the air with a then ominous hissing sound as we gently lowered ourselves to the ground.On a darkened inspection we d lost two tyres..and split one wheel in half.We were rescued by a local in a Seat 600..and on returning in the morning to fit the spares..we d completely bent the axle so that the wheel was inclined on a really bad outward angle.Our mate was not happy n due to the luxurious prices of spare parts it cost us over 100000 pesatas..a new axle and three qtrs of a suspension system homebuild before the Murky was back on the road. Then someone nicked the front seats out of it!...

Braveist, maddest things I've seen recently :shock: A quick Google & translation yielded this infoThe Second ChanceIn the late seventies, when still park cars in Spain was far from having reached the current overcrowding, Spanish Television issued a series on road safety and accident prevention under the title The Second Chance, and I had the honour to present it in Spain and many other countries. translation here

Ahhh....La Segunda Oportunidad! Fantastic. And the music for the stunt segment is unbelieveably funky.I wonder if travelling stunt shows of this type still exist - I suspect EU rules have outlawed them on safety grounds. Apparently the Jag that is destroyed against the rock at the start of the first episode that Datsuncherry posted was brought to Spain by an expat (hence the RHD) but he couldn't get it registered.

That Guy is a lousey stunt driver though , and how much good ol' fashioned tat did he trash??? :(Oh , BUT , he did remind me , DO NOT DRIVE THE JAG INTO ANY LARGE CONCRETE BLOCKS! that may just fall into the road in front of you....

That is the weirdest thing I have seen in ages - a RHD Jag in Spain being smashed into a concrete block, and a pudgy middle aged driver in a dinner suit doing stunts on what looks to be the equivalent of a Spanish council estate. I wonder if any of the spectators/crew were ever hurt? The cameraman had to make a swift exit when the 124 took his tripod out ... even stranger than dropping donkeys out of towers