Tea leaf

pompei

Considering that those figures are for 2005, I find them absolutely astonishing!! All the cars in the top 10 are of the sort that fit right in on this site. I would have expected the list of most stolen cars to feature mostly fairly modern stuff, because there's more of it about, and it's more desirable. I suppose it must mean that most car thefts are for joy-riding, scrapping, and (dare I suggest it?) bangering!! So the more easily stolen old cars are the commonest targets.

I can't believe that the Maestro and Montego feature so heavily - I take the argument that older cars are easier to nick (as I've found out to my cost, along with others here :evil: ) but surely there can't be that many left to feature in a top ten? :?

Are they not basing the results on the number stolen as a percentage of the total number of the model still in existance? Then the fewer that exist, the larger the impact that just one being stolen will have on the figures.If my R30 was stolen then that model might jump to the top of the list as there are probably less than half a dozen still on the road!I might be talking Bo11ox of course (no offence intended to M. Bolleaux).