Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tea leaf

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pompei

pompei

• Full Members
  • 3,419 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

Amazing results from the Home Office on top ten nicked cars ...http://www.homeoffic... ... theft-2006

#2 OFFLINE   55bloke

55bloke

• Full Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSheffield

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Considering that those figures are for 2005, I find them absolutely astonishing!! All the cars in the top 10 are of the sort that fit right in on this site. I would have expected the list of most stolen cars to feature mostly fairly modern stuff, because there's more of it about, and it's more desirable. I suppose it must mean that most car thefts are for joy-riding, scrapping, and (dare I suggest it?) bangering!! So the more easily stolen old cars are the commonest targets.

#3 OFFLINE   pompei

pompei

• Full Members
  • 3,419 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

I can't believe that the Maestro and Montego feature so heavily - I take the argument that older cars are easier to nick (as I've found out to my cost, along with others here :evil: ) but surely there can't be that many left to feature in a top ten? :?

#4 OFFLINE   mouseflakes

mouseflakes

• Full Members
  • 4,179 posts
  • LocationThe DMDC 'Finds' Table

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

Are they not basing the results on the number stolen as a percentage of the total number of the model still in existance? Then the fewer that exist, the larger the impact that just one being stolen will have on the figures.If my R30 was stolen then that model might jump to the top of the list as there are probably less than half a dozen still on the road!I might be talking Bo11ox of course (no offence intended to M. Bolleaux).

#5 OFFLINE   pandamonium

pandamonium

• Full Members
  • 2,159 posts
  • LocationTraveling in space and time.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:29 PM

Nova is up there for sure. Owned on, had one broken into. 100% dodgy IMO.

2014 Seat Ibiza 1.2 S A/C 5dr - Boring company car

1988 Austin Metro 1275 Auto - Vanden Plas!

1987 Lada 1200s

#6 OFFLINE   marinast

marinast

• Full Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationOld London Town

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

I had an attempted theft of my old Nova many moons ago. Smashed the passengers front window and tried to break the steering lock with a PINK crook lock which simply folded itself around the steering colum.A very lame attempt.
Posted Image
British Leyland, Built to Last a Thousand Years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users