Economic Cheap MinicarShite

Marty

Posted Image

Spotted in thi Sundays Mirror, apparently made by TaTa and costs £1500 - no plans to import them into this country - I say we gat a petition going and get them on sale here (though preferably not in pink) - top speed of 60, and does 60MPG apparently.

Bring it on...:DThe more variety we have on the roads the better in my opinion. I won't be buying one brand new, or anything else for that matter, but in 5 / 10 / 20 year's time it would be nice to have a wide choice of tat.

That is the 'one lakh' car (one lakh = 100,000 rupees) - it will sell for about £1,300 or so. Designed to get the indian masses into cars rather mopeds. IIRC it has a 600 cc rear mounted engine.It is designed as a 'bridge' between a motorcycle and a car, but when the 'car' is a Maruti 800 (ancient Suzuki Alto) the 'bridge' is naturally very shite.

I would buy this (in any colour other than ghay pink) - it would be an ace thing to use for work, parking would be easy and so long as there was space for some rubber gloves and condoms it would be perfect - for that price I could get a new one every 3 years out of the NHS mileage allowance and still be quids in.Import them NOW I say....

Posted Image

They do a four door version too!

The vehicle, called the Tata Nano, will sell for 100,000 rupees or $2,500 (£1,277) and enable those in developing countries to move to four wheels.

The four-door five-seater car, which goes on sale later this year, has a 33bhp, 624cc, engine at the rear.

It has no air conditioning, no electric windows and no power steering, but two deluxe models will be on offer.

The only thing about the Beemer Isetta will be that it will only vaguely resemble the original, it will be bigger than a Fiat Panda and cost twice the GNP of the Isle of Eigg to buy ( I cite the BWM "!MINI", the New Beetle and the Fiat 500 as examples)

Guest greenvanman

I quite fancy one of these, but they aren't cheap:

Posted Image

The vendor has turned down an offer of £500, and this on a car with a rogered gearbox!