Old street scenes thread

Mash

I'm sure we've had one before courtesy of D. Hirst Esq. but I can't be faffed looking for it to add to it.

This is a good start, could almost be Fred on location :lol:

Posted Image

I especially like this brand new Horizon causing chaos in 1979!

Posted Image

Images shamefully pinched from Flickr :wink: While away some hours with:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgeupstairs/sets/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8050359@N07/sets/

Here's a few from my Flickr favorites list, Most I'm sure you have seen before or are reposts but sod it!.

Posted Image

Northfield, Birmingham, 1987

Posted Image

Carr Street, E14, 1983.

Posted Image

Tower Square, Tunstall, (year unknown)

Posted Image

Paisley, Early 80's.

Posted Image

Arundel Castle, 1979.

Posted Image

Wembley, 1991.

Posted Image

Colchester High Street, 1980.

All those different shaped, different coloured cars certainly made the roads look more 'colourful' than the silver nonsense of today. There's not a single vivid yellow/red/blue car in my road. :(

Used to be you can have any colour you like as long as its black , now its ditto but bloody silver

What is it with silver cars?, The market is flooded with them, I've been looking for a car for Mrs. Trigger lately (now got a Micra) but she hates Silver which made my job bloody hard as very car I've seen that looked good was Silver!.

Posted Image

Not Silver

Nice

Not expensive

What is it with silver cars?, The market is flooded with them, I've been looking for a car for Mrs. Trigger lately (now got a Micra) but she hates Silver which made my job bloody hard as very car I've seen that looked good was Silver!.

Golf MK6 - the colour choices were two shades of black, a bunch of silvers or red. The salesman told us if we chose red, we'd get a lower price for it when we sold it.

Posted Image

Not Silver

Nice

Not expensive

And sadly too late!

I was looking for a micra like that but a 1.3 or 1.4 but they are like rocking horse poo.

Ended up spending far too much money on a 2004 Micra with one of them Renault 1.5 dci diesel engines. Lovely car apart from the thick black smoke that comes out the back when the revs are building up before the turbo cuts in... :?