Newbie sees shite!

pugtop

This was an old Rover ... after the farmer started to clear the land , this was all that was left of it...

Posted Image

And this wasn't !! This was our m/cs Christmas cake ....

Posted Image

Some shite that i've since despatched to the crusher...

Posted Image

And this is one that I saved , just to prove that you can polish a turd....

Posted Image

My collection contains mixed manufacturers , most recent is a Jag :D

Welcome from one newbie shite-spotter to another. :DGood advice MrFordPop, spotting threads do work best with pictures posted up…On the Album page of photobucket, click on the IMG code to ‘copy’ it, then paste in the text box to post the picture you want. Photobucket is really easy, but I usually use photobox.co.uk as I like to keep loads of spotting pics. FordPop (in the states) has a great thread going…CLICK HEREAnd there are just a few of my pics from Thailand:Shameless plug!

SORTED , I learn something new every day ....TA!

Here is a pic of my non shite Jag ...

Posted Image

My Transhit , that is actually quite good for a '98 .... 170k...on the beach at Weston Super Mare!

Posted Image

My definately NON SHITE , 205 GTi rally car ...

Posted Image

My not too shite 205 road car....

Posted Image

And the Turd that I polished ....

Posted Image

Oh , the other turd that's currently in two places at once ....

Posted Image

That's about all I can think of at the mo' , although the yard where I store my trailer is FULL of hidden shite , both Yank , and european , some ex-film cars and loads of miscellaneous crap.....

The Mi16 was a 'rescue' off eBay , from Reading , my mate bought it (he lives near Newport , Sth Wales) and I pointed out to him that it 'only runs on two cylinders' and that I could collect it for him (with my trailer) and keep it and one day send him a cheque. 5 months later , he got the cheque :oops: The Red 205 was another 'rescue' , this time I actually got a call from a mate , saying a friend of his had a 205 I could have for FREE! :wink: , after much farting about , i got it home , and used Rubbing compound on the worst bits , Autoglym Colour Restorer on the other bits and fitted a door , bonnet and tailgate off another 205 as they were shot!

garethj ...Tell me more! I have a film car fetish, I can't help it

There is a Mercedes S class , with asian (Chinese /Japanese) number plates and squib bullet holes in the windscreen , that was used in something like a Jackie Chan movie.... will try to get pics and post! Also just across from this is a selection of US Army vehicles that were apparently used in the film 'Band of Brothers' I think the main reason for the film/tv cars is that Pinewood Studios is just down the road :wink:

AnthonyG... Nice selection of 205's you have there. Brilliant little cars! There can't be that many 405 mi16s left, as I understand the engines would fit in 205's..

The 205's have slimmed down a bit , was even offered another one today , in need of repairs , but had too turn it down :cry: the white 205 was a garage rescue too , was languishing in a garage for 8 years , I bought it for £60 cleaned it up , rebuilt the brakes (they were welll seized) and gave it a service...and some polish. Then went on a trip round Europe , visiting three race circuits , including driving the mighty Nurbergring :D The 405 that I have is the later 2litre version that is not quite as desirable to the 205 fraternity , because the 2litre ones have an iron block which is a little heavy in the 205 chassis. I also have a couple of lightly damaged 306 GTi6 engines , one has no head and a bent conrod the other has everything but all 16 valves are bent :roll: If anyone knows what colour te 405 is , let me know .. the paint code is nearly Sorrento Green , but not quite! Have had Oberon Green suggested too... :?

You tried boshing the 4-letter paint code printed on the nearside front strut into Google? That might help, or take it to a friendly paint factor.Peugeot paint codes bear no relevance to reality it seems, my estate is catalogued as 'Haze Blue' but apparently the real name is 'Blue Polaire'... :roll:

I've been on the PSOOC website , been a member on there for a while... They only have the Sorrento paint code but this one has one different digit! Had a couple of odd paint codes on Pugs .... In fact my rally car and my road car 205s are both supposed to be POWT , which is Alpine white but both are very different when parked alongside each other... Mind you the red one was VERY different to the one I robbed bits off of , until I removed the wheelarches and found the unbleachedpaint underneath!!!

Hmm, dunno if anyone managed to get into my Photobucket account when i posted the links but here is some more stuff , some shite , that is on there....

When it comes to collecting shite , this and the Transit come in very handy .... a genuine 1985 vintage Brian James trailer that has been all over Europe apparently , collecting vintage cars , has a 16' bed and is about 6' wide , took me and my mate 16 hours to remove the rust , sort the brakes and electrics and re-paint it... total cost about £450 :wink:

Posted Image

Hows about a genuine 26,000 mile 205 GTi Sorrento , which my friend (membership secretary of PSOOC bought a couple of years back and has been part of a magazine article) aquired for summit like £1500!

Posted Image

And her other toy , the Blue Dimma bodied 205 , alongside another members 306 GTi6 Supercharged , with home brewed blower kit...

Posted Image

And another mates Porsche RSR Lighweight replica , purcheased for summit like £7k , weighs in at 750kg , has around 540 bhp , when the boost is turned up and even has alloy floor pans .... this is it at the Porsche Owners Club day at Brands Hatch and I was the first person to passenger in it (wobbly seat and all) , fitted with VERY old slicks = no grip = scary!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image