Marina Diesel.

stoterstangen90

Sounds like it could be a good idea. For that genuine BL authenticity though, a Perkins Prima would be another option - with or without turbo. As Pog says,m the 1489cc B-series diesel is a bit of a joke, but they did a 1798cc version as well, as fitted to the Sherpa van, which would be a slightly less gutless alternative if you can find one. Or why not go nuts and fit a 2.6-litre straight 6 like the Aussies did. Only then would you learn the true meaning of understeer...

I bought a Leyland Daf 200 with the Perkins diesel last year in a Desperate Van Challenge. Three of us from work (Commercial Motor) had 500 quid to spend on vans and had to perform a number of challenges. It was kind of like a Top Gear rip-off but with no big egos and no destroying things. I bought the Leyland Daf while my colleagues got a Reno Master and a Bedford Midi. I won hands down. That van was wonderful, and that engine never skipped a beat. I actually ran it for 3 months and sold it for a 4 quid profit. Here's the film if anyone's interested - sorry it's a bit shite. http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/truc ... movie.html