Anyone fancy an Alfasud?

wuvvum

I'm absolutely gutted. I've just had a second chance offer on this.

Posted Image

It's got to be one of the very last Suds, and it's a 3-door 1.5Ti - the best spec IMHO and exactly the same as my old one. It looks and sounds like it's in better nick than mine, although mine was on the road, but this doesn't sound like it'd need too much work. And it's cheap for a Sud - £300, which doesn't buy you much these days. Only problem is it's in Bristol, and I'm currently tow-vehicle-less as I don't trust the Transit over that sort of distance, and although I have a couple of possibilities in the pipeline it'll be several weeks at least before I'm in a position to drag a Sud back from the west country. So does anyone less tow-vehicle-ally challenged than me fancy taking it on? If you've never driven a Sud before, they're every bit as brilliant to drive as all the magazines say they are, and the 1.5 Ti is bloody quick too. I'd have it myself in a flash if it hadn't come up at the wrong time. :(

The only pics I've seen are the ones on the listing - they're not all that brilliant to be honest, but there is a pic which shows the rust on the rear arch - doesn't look too bad. You've probably got a better monitor than me (most people have a better monitor than me) so have a look at the listing and see if you can make out what's what.