bit of advice wanted

bones96

So the bodyworks 2nd rate and either it has a) ingested water or B) got the head gasket going again because it wasn't fixed properly first time*. Worth scrap by me, but if you can do all the work yourself might be worth £50.I'd buy a pair of walking shoes first!*If this is the case I reckon the seller is trying to fob off mayonaise as a simple by product of a heavy shower.

In my opinion, its pretty fooked.. Very 'loose description'.. i.e.

Would imagine it requires an engine flush and rad flush or something, or maybe a new engine?

also

this isn't a flood damaged car, all that happened was that on a small country lane, pulled over to let a car past and the water water on the verge was deeper than expected(due to a ditch).

So it sucked in water, due to water 'in the ditch' being above engine height.. scrap money at best.. defo not current £255 at the moment..

My local salvage yard is full of cars after the Yorkshire floods that were driven into 'deep puddles'.... most of 'em have bent rods and knocking noises so his vagueness is worrying. Doesn't matter that it wasn't submerged, just getting water where air should be is bad news. I'd budget for an engine just in case....oh and it's already a poorly repaired Cat D so worth less to start with!

Guest greenvanman

Best to avoid this I reckon. If you check his feedback he sold it on the 9th of december for £460. + feedback on sales says he has allready bought engine flush too.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0179446907So maybe a dodgy dealer anyway.

And for that sort of money you could buy an older, running one anyway. I'd leave that well alone if I were you.

Don't touch it! As others have said, I reckon it's more screwed than he's letting on.306's have very low air intakes, so it's not unusual to find ones like this following a run through standing water. Something to think about with the rain we've been having in the past few months.If you really want a 306, get yourself a 1.9 diesel one - the 1.4 is OK but neither particularly lively nor economic. Or find a saloon as they are worth peanuts.

Crikey I didn't even click it was a 1.4.... so used to seeing dturbo/HDi models I start to assume every 306 is an oilburner :)My friend had a 1.4 306, late model highish-spec one like that. Awful drive, just no guts at all thanks to the weedy engine and lots of gadgets and gizmos adding weight.