All over to Mouseflake's house tomorrow night!

MrRegieRitmo

I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THE TITLE, HIRST!Unless I fall asleep before the 'big event' that is. Quite likely these days. :roll:

To be honest that is the most likely outcome for me, too. Pretty amazing that in 23 short years I've already started to turn into an old man.Best get the Galant rear arches done before I fully go into giffer-mode and start brushpainting them with an old pot of beige Hammerite.

Its a privilege to be grumpy and cynical at such a young age Hirst - I wasted my 20's on actually trying to be someone I wasn't. I'm spending that evening with my toy cars, brochures and a drop of red wine and the world can stick it up its backside. pah.

I WILL FIGHT YOU FOR THE TITLE, HIRST!

Unless I fall asleep before the 'big event' that is. Quite likely these days. :roll:

To be honest that is the most likely outcome for me, too. Pretty amazing that in 23 short years I've already started to turn into an old man.
Welcome to cardigan Country Gentlemen!

Posted Image

None of that going out on New Years eve for me either! I'll be demanding the finest wines known to Humanity, and enjoying Jools Hollands Hooterwhatsname :lol:

Its a privilege to be grumpy and cynical at such a young age Hirst - I wasted my 20's on actually trying to be someone I wasn't. I'm spending that evening with my toy cars, brochures and a drop of red wine and the world can stick it up its backside. pah.

Actually that's a good point, there are more important things in life. I've decided I will spend the evening running my successful haulage business.

Posted Image

Well, the eyebrows aren't far off.

Good point, me too! I've spent too much time doing things that weren't me and doing what everyone else wanted and do feel that my twenties were wasted to an extent.I'm not that bothered about going anywhere tonight, only one pub within walking distance and thats nothing special so maybe just go out for a swift one then go home and have a nice meal with my g/f and have a decent bottle of wine.Want to spend a bit of time messing about with my cars - real ones and 1/43 ones so that will keep me happy!

I love it! Kindred spirits here. After several years of spending ridiculous sums going to restaurants to spend New Year in the company of braying, pissed wankers, this year the wife and I will be going to the cinema then probably for a pizza. I suspect I will be fast asleep when Big Ben tolls, dreaming of wiring up the towbars on my 405s or something.

You lucky bu99ers..... The HomeBoss has volunteered us to stay over with friends in wellingborough, which means I can't have a few beers here, a delivery curry and an evening of surfing (which is my preferred option).I'm sure this evening will be pleasant, but not so keen being woken by their 2 under 10s! :lol:

Seeing as I started this thread, I suppose I might as well share what I've got planned! I'm doing exactly what I did last year - off to the g/f's for a take away Chinese, followed by lots of beer & a film. Then after that lots of beer, and wait for the chimes. Then stay over & sleep it off. It was the best we could come up with when everywhere is asking for stupid sums for advance tickets to anywhere & even more stupid sums if you turn up without a ticket, unless you arrive about now that is which nobody sane will bother to do! :roll:

RUBBISH.My folks have decided, last minute, that we've all got to go round and see my grandma who is recovering from a hip operation.Can't she sodding wait? I've got to get the first 2008 post up on Autoshite.Looks like Pog has got this one nailed, though I'm still in with a chance if he falls asleep.

You lucky bu99ers..... The HomeBoss has volunteered us to stay over with friends in wellingborough :lol:

My god... that is a fate worse than death - Wellingborough surpasses even Corby in my estimation of "most horrendous shithole within 50 miles of my house!" Am I the only non-pipe & slippers owning autoshite member? I crashed through my front door in the company of the gf & four others (who had arrived in a highly shite-worthy Laurel 2.4 SGL) at about 4am wearing a sparkly silver cowboy hat, cooked pizzas, drank some more, and then went to bed and awoke with an absolutely mahoosive hangover. Having just reached the end of my 20's, I feel the couch may beckon next year...The following day, the bad head was partially cured by a visit to the greasy spoon and an entire day in bed reading a vintage "Biggles" book my mum gave me as some sort of xmas joke - unfortunately in this book, Biggles was not mounted in any of his usual western front "beef" like the Sopwith Camel - the only thing he flew was some sort of shite amphibian thing with no guns!