Land of shite furniture....

bigstraight6

Firstly, apologies for an off topic type post, but if any of you chaps are currently getting hints from 'er indoors about a new suite in the sales, a word of warning, do not enter the 'Land of shite furniture'. (I think you can guess who I'm refering to :wink: )Last December I made that very mistake and spent a not inconsiderable sum of hard earned on a corner suite, and within days feathers were coming out of the seat cushions and have continued to at an alarming rate.To cut a long story short, the cushions have become as flat as a Witches tit, making it an unsightly and uncomfortable place to sit, and the 'Land of shite furniture' Meisters are not interested in a "We've got your money, now go away" scenario after months of letters going to and fro :evil:

I’d be off to the small claims court with this one. A suite that starts falling to pieces days after purchase clearly isn’t fit for the purpose and you’re protected under The Sale of Goods Act. Sue the bastards, presenting your correspondence as evidence that you’ve given them every reasonable opportunity to put matters right & that they’ve declined.http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_rights/legal_system/small_claims.htm

The drivers seat on the Galant is saggy.Have you thought about getting some of those wooden bead seat covers to put over it?That's what I'm doing. Would look pretty classy on a sofa, I reckon.

You may also want to give 'SafeShite UK' a miss too. The usual '55% off' and 'Trust me, it's free fitting.' ads should be on telly soon.I tried to get a 'no obligation quote' from them in september last year only to discover:The doorstep reps can't give quotes, the managers do that (couldn't find him). They are as organised as a p*ss up in a brewery, they ring up day after day asking the same questions (even upto about seven months later when I had got them done elsewhere).They can't take no for an answer.The 55% off or Free fitting are just bollocks. No such thing as either.In the end, I had a local builder fit my new windows for much less moolah, They were brilliant and I have had no probs at all with them. :D