more shite at my place

VWPowered

Still don't understand why you bother with all these ex-pat cars - surely they are worthless there and generally not worth enough here to bring back either?

one mans junk is another mans treasure and all that, car parts are dead expensive here (gearbox about 250, engines around 1K) so when a motor that runs come ups cheap why not eh :Donce i've had what i want of it i'll weight in the shell (which will give the same as a french one :lol: )i never spend large amounts of cash on vehicles in fact as little as possible, the rover 216SLi i got fer free, the vectra break i got fer free, passat was cheap, sell on fer small profits keeps us here in france for another month :lol:

yes mate, the uk reg is the donor vehicle, our french one we got for 700euros which isnt bad but 5th gear likes to pop out when decelerating so the gearbox was always gonna need doing, it decided the other day to pop a cv boot too so the donor will keep the family bus going abit longer, our french passat is the most expensive vehicle we've brought so we'll like it to last at least 10 years :lol: