BMW 750I

25v6turbo

It's a short wheelbase model as distinct from the proper iL. The standard body cars had the electric sports seats, no rear self levelling (phew!!) and big 415 Metric BBS cross spokes with TRX tyres - hence the nasty aftermarket rimz. It looks okay but it's already been slightly councilled up with the rimz and the all important 'King of the Council Estate' V12 boot badge. Tasteful.All it wants now is a DAZ6928367 number plate and a tracksuited custodian with a bit of lower arm body art.

I loved my 750iL. Probably the most effortlessly quick motorway cruiser I've owned. They are not a good budget ownership prospect though - a new exhaust system is a couple of grand, and expect around 12mpg in town, although this rises to mid-high 20s at (sensible) motorway speeds. They are a fantastically engineered bit of kit though.

I know and he wants it gone,i might even view it and offer less as it went through at £800 with no bids last time,nice to get for £700 and just pray!!But i wouldn,t use it much,just a toy.but i think i actually like that mk3 estate estate near me aswell!

A South Efrican bloke used to come into my mates garage in a G plate one. This chap wasn't short of a few bob and this thing cost him a bloody fortune - he did a commute from Lincoln or somewhere equally miles away to Liverpool in it a few times a week.I used to chat to him quite a bit and he always had a new 'fix' to show me. It needed rear 'top hat' bushes every 12 months, he knew all the tricks how to get the gearbox out of 'fault mode' - that was fun, basically involved bouncing it off the rev limiter in as many gears as he could get away with..He rated it hugely, but I think half the fun for him was fixing it most weekends "Gits me ewey froom de wife".

Seems a bargain, obviously try and view it before hand, but it looks really quite a nice one.I suppose using the same logic for this, think what else you could (maybe) get for a grand in 20 years time?Also Autodata ftw, constantly using that at college.

Holy Shonkers thats more than quite pleasant, As a BMW perv I'd have some of that action, I noticed it even has electric SPORTS seats (dunno if 750s came with them as std) no less mmmmmmm and I bet that engine doesn't even break into a sweat cracking three figures, is it these that shut one bank of cylinders down in 'limp home' mode thus leaving you with a straight six?

There used to be a black one over here on Alpina alloys and it looked so nice but it didn't move for about two years-I wanted it so much.

Speaking of alloys (you weren't) the iL model had some nice underated wheelage if you're not into Alpinas.

Makes a 735i look positively gay.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I may try and get a look at it in the next day or so,i notice that i think the phone is missing from the centre console and it appears not to have electric rear seats,surely it has them??Theres a lovely one on e-bay aswell at 3k...But does look stunning with 80k etc,just a few things worry me about the red one,will be sold with new MOT,nice but he must be confindent its a minter to fly through...7 owners so it must of been through a minicab owner...Some history,isn,t full history which would be nicerNo taxCan,t quite get on with them wheels,look period though.Its had the n/s/f wing door paint due to being keyed,why not say that in the listing...Its looks nice though,and maybe at £800 odd quid its a cheap barge.

Its had the n/s/f wing door paint due to being keyed,why not say that in the listing...

I've stopped doing the huge, almost forensic ebay ad descriptions as no matter how many little tiny imperfections you list, and now matter how honest you are on ebay people will still come out and complain about something or other. "The carpet fibres aren't twisted right", "The door mirror glasses are the wrong shade of blue" etc.If the seller had mentioned that the door has been repainted then he'd end up spending the next three or four days answering questions about the quality of the paintwork on the doors. Something I, for one, couldn't be bothered with. Car is near as dammit 20 years old and it's not concours. What's it going to fetch? £1500ish? What would it cost the average Joe to get the door painted perfectly? £300? It's not going to fetch £300 extra with the door repainted so he's just throwing away cash if he gets it sorted. Besides, if he got it painted he'd then have to get the other inevitable bits of paint done, eventually he's spent the £1500 on paint and there'd still be people complaining "The leather is a bit cracked" or "The alloys need refurbing".... Nope, nowadays if I list something on ebay it's a plain and simple but honest listing with my phone number and a recommendation to "View before bidding". If you ring me, I'll give you an honest appraisal of the car. If you don't, it's the same as going to your local car auction - you pays your money and takes your chance...

Toyed with the idea of getting one of these about 2year ago, the one I looked at had an lpg kit on, and similar rimz.The seller was a prick however, and I couldn't bear the thought of giving him and his tribe of chavs my money.HAve you investigated lpg, I've no idea how much a kit would cost...£1000?Assuming petrol is £5 per gallon, thats 200 gallons, which, at 20mpg thats 4000miles worth.Do 8000 miles per year (which you probably won't, but bear with me) the lpg kit would pay for itself in a year, assuming lpg £2.50 per gallon...If I can do sumz....

leccy rear seats were not std eq on these - LWB's may have been though, although I think even these were (as they are today) part of a luxury package you could order.

I know this is stating the obvious, but anything and everything with 12 cylinders is going to at some point cost an absolute fortune to mend. An expensive indulgence.

Obviously hope you go for it - are there any other V12 owners here?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310163499219&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Alternatively, if it is a bargain V12 that is required, I can recommend the above. It was £500 last time I checked. The chap selling this has loads of these 6.0 Jags and knows them intimately. If I had a double garage, I'd have this and use my own (mechanically spot on, but bodywork cacked) as a donor car for it for when those crippling bills come in.