Another one

Ratdat

My N12 Cherry obsession is coming along nicely with the purchase of yet another one! I went to look thinking it might do for rebuilding the Europe shell but it seems a waste of a nice unmessed with example. It needs some bodywork here and there but that's all.. the rest is mint and it was only £150. It's a really early one though on a Y reg and a top of the range 3 door GL so it's got a 5 speed, tacho and funky remote operated rear side windows. Dig the early style single spoke steering wheel :lol: It's had seat covers on it from new so the seats are very nice. Carpet could do with a clean but no wear. In fact all it needs inside is a clean.

One owner from new who died 12 years ago. Since then the cars been sat in this garage and hasn't turned a wheel. Don't know what shape the engines in. 47k on it but standing all those years it could be seized solid for all I know. It was difficult to get in there to try and turn it and two tyres were flat so I couldn't be arsed to try pushing it in gear. Thankfully it's been parked up without the handbrake on. So shifting it shouldn't be a problem.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice.very nice.But 12 years- how come its so clean? Where's all the dust n'dirt I always find them covered in. Been blanketed? Good sign...

It was under that piece of silver space blanket you can just see on the floor in the corner of the pic. I was quite suprised to see how clean it was.It was also one of those houses that looks clearly abandoned with a completely overgrown garden. Whenever I see places like that I always wonder if there's anything hiding in the garage.I think the old fella actually looked after it really well. It does have some bodywork to fix but it's all pretty honest and easy to sort. It's more important on one of these that the interior and trim is good as they are difficult to find parts like that for. Especially and early ones because lots of it is different.1.5's are all auto unfortunately as Mike says. Nicest of the E series engines I think is the 1.3. In theory a 1.6 from a later N13 or B12 Sunny would bolt straight in but from my experiece with those engines, whilst they feel really torquey, they run out of any kind of performance by about 50mph. Nissan did sell a single 1.7 diesel one here too but I checked on the DVLA and it's deceased as of 1993.

Ratdat, I just snapped a gold C reg Maxima one of these in town - gave the old lady my phone number in case it come up for sale...will post photos if I get a chance later on..

The Maxima ones were some of the last ones sold (alongside B11 Sunny Maximas). The facelift ones are a little more plain looking but I'd imagine are probably the best versions as like most cars by the end of production all the little problems have been ironed out. Not that they ever really had many problems in the first place mind!

N12's have cought my interest partly because there are such a staggering variety of varients. Just picked up some brochures for the Pulsar saloon version and the badge engineered Holden Astra version. Should have some Japanese brochures soon for some of the curious versions sold there like the Langley and Liberta Villa.. probably one of the daftest names for a car ever.

Here's another 80's designer flavoured N12...the Langley Michael Goma Limited :shock:

Posted Image

Posted Image

wow that Michel Goma job is amazing, I would freaking LOVE one of those! It appears to even come with a bonus cushion.I can just imagine how it would pan out, i'd buy one off Yahoo Japan and get it shipped home at great cost, only for some numbskull to nudge it in the carpark and pop a headlight or something.

You'd be lucky to find one on Yahoo Auctions, 80s econoshite is rare as hell! As an example, I've never seen a K10 March/Micra on there EVER that wasn't a Super Turbo and they sold loads of the sodding things.Really hoping they have a similar "old men stashing them away in the garage" arrangement in Japan.

I think it might be a matching bag but it's hard to tell from the pic. I've seen Nissan do stuff like that before. I've got a late 60's brochure for the 1500 Skyline and in that one of the trim levels is refered to as the "L-pack" which is clearly aimed at female buyer because it includes lacey covers on the seats and a matching vanity case! It's in my queue of brochures yet to be scanned to go on my website so I'll get it scanned shortly. It's one of those annotingly large Japanese brochures that are too big to fit on a scanner.

I spotted this one in Dartford services some time back. It was absolutely disgusting, the rear seats were taken out to allow more crap to be carried, the rear was full of empty horse feed sacks. The windscreen looked like someone had wiped it one damp morning with a used hoover bag.

Posted Image

I really like that early one Ed, gonna keep it as a nice pair with the B11 estate or do it up and pass it on??I know where there's one in Hull but I can't remember if it's 3- or 5-door. I'll have a look over the hols and maybe stick a note on the window if it's a decent looking shell.

You'd be lucky to find one on Yahoo Auctions, 80s econoshite is rare as hell! As an example, I've never seen a K10 March/Micra on there EVER that wasn't a Super Turbo and they sold loads of the sodding things.

Really hoping they have a similar "old men stashing them away in the garage" arrangement in Japan.

This is true. I've very rarely seen any 80's stuff on Yahoo. They do pop up from time to time but seem to be way rarer than anything 70's or earlier. Here's a couple of n12's I've seen on there. Not sure if this is a Langley or a Liberta Villa saloon...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Langley hatch. I like the tail lights in these...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I don't think I've ever seen the wierd coupe version on Yahoo though.. the Pulsar EXA...

Posted Image

It is a very odd situation considering the amount of 70s stuff available. The 80s stuff is pretty much limited to sports/luxury stuff. 80s kei-cars are particularly extinct.Did see a Charmant once, though.

That Pulsar EXA thing looks megashat x 10000000. The proportions are terrible! There was one on UK eBay a while ago though.

I've seen 3 or 4 in this country. Some are Pulsars and some Langleys but all look equally awful. I'd quite like to get one and put the normal UK Cherry front end in though so it would look like a proper Cherry coupe.

That Pulsar EXA thing looks megashat x 10000000. The proportions are terrible! There was one on UK eBay a while ago though.

I've seen 3 or 4 in this country. Some are Pulsars and some Langleys but all look equally awful. I'd quite like to get one and put the normal UK Cherry front end in though so it would look like a proper Cherry coupe.
It's saying slightly overgrown Fiat X19 to me. Don't recall ever seeing one.