Celeste, rescued.

Here's some pictures of my Celeste verylongspecificationtwincarb.

Recently I rescued it with the help of a tame Scot and an A frame from the hell of its Sale internment. It runs and stuff. Also, I can pick up RTE on the radio. I thought this was worth whoring in the land of doasyourtold \ Autoshite.

Posted Image

The wings are full of wag and have been sprayed old boy style.

Posted Image

The rear arches are shagged.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The interior is near mint save for a tear in the front seat and a missing rear NS card (which I have a spare of thanks to Piperfish off OJC randomly pulling apart a silver ST he found abandoned).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Kadett caravan it lives with has been sold.

I have a set of Watanabes and some Bilbo Turugis for some OMG HOT WHEEL ACTION when I get round to it, but I think the Volvo is going to go pooey very shortly so my planned engine swap might be in order far quicker than anticipated.

I'd do Kate Nash defo, but she couldn't sing.

You've got a choice pile of shite there! Well done! Where did you get it from?

I bought it off Shaun1706 of this parish. Mr Bol was interested.The Kadett isn't mine, it just lives with my shite and some other stuff belonging to other RR \ NSJC members and the mysterious Scottish who doesn't really do forums and instead lurks like Chuck Norris on a dark night.My unit mate has recently sold the Caravan to another NSJC member.But for that shot, it was in good company, a bit like Kramer vs Kramer.Sorry for a bit of whoring, it just hasn't seen daylight for a while and decided to let me know by seizing close the OS front caliper. This will be sorted as the Volvo \ work \ sanity \ sale of other shite \ funds allow.But I thought it was prime AS fodder, more so than the Volvo and much more of a goer than my C4 (which is just shit).

But I thought it was prime AS fodder, more so than the Volvo and much more of a goer than my C4 (which is just shit).

What about your Piazza?

The Kadett isn't mine, it just lives with my shite and some other stuff belonging to other RR \ NSJC members and the mysterious Scottish who doesn't really do forums and instead lurks like Chuck Norris on a dark night.My unit mate has recently sold the Caravan to another NSJC member.

What's NSJC? Shame it didn't find it's way into the Autoshite fold! What did it go for in the end? Looks a bit crusty but oh so rare! 8) Check out my latest Bromley update for a Chevette estate in the exact same colour :)

But I thought it was prime AS fodder, more so than the Volvo and much more of a goer than my C4 (which is just shit).

What about your Piazza?

The Kadett isn't mine, it just lives with my shite and some other stuff belonging to other RR \ NSJC members and the mysterious Scottish who doesn't really do forums and instead lurks like Chuck Norris on a dark night.My unit mate has recently sold the Caravan to another NSJC member.

What's NSJC? Shame it didn't find it's way into the Autoshite fold! What did it go for in the end? Looks a bit crusty but oh so rare! 8) Check out my latest Bromley update for a Chevette estate in the exact same colour :)
I still have the Piazza but it will be sale fairly soon as I only have space for one car in the Stockport unit. The Piazza is mechanically challenged (bar a strong engine, 'box and rear axle) bodily scabby, I can't afford to run or insure it, and I could get a better one for what that one would stand me to make it decent.I know Clive of the IPTOC pretty well, and if I told him what if I was after he could find me a pretty decent one for not that much coinage.Good source of spares though, and it could be put back on the road if you had enough time or space to do it, it's not a basket case, it's borderline. I suspect it will be axlebummed. When it comes to a sale, there will be an AS discunt if anyone is keen :)I have my hands full with the Volvo, storage fees and the Celeste TBH, plus C4 ownership seems to be a full on logistical pastime :(I want to keep it but there isn't the space for everything plus my other unit mates' stuff, my finances are haggered, I need the money and as I've said, I'd rather save up and get another, better one with the IPTOC's help. I'm not the most skilled mechanic so with something so comparatively complex (PAS, fuel injection, turbo etc) compared to my other rammle, I'd rather have a good one and attend to the small problems rather than a brain damage mechanical rebuild.Celeste is shagged bodily but is a good runner, bar freeing off the stuck caliper and changing the mid section of the exhaust which has a blow.NSJC is No Skool Just Cool, a sort of northern RR (but welcome to anyone) which I is involved with. I'm on their stand at RR tomorrow, come and say 'AYEH; and have some Mr. Scruff tea if you want.The Kadett was going to be sold in stages - first on NSJC, then I was going to list it here, then RR, then eBay depending on how desperate Mr. Animation got. A long time NSJC member bought it in the end after saying he'd have it a while ago and then getting shafted on his storage oop North. He now has a new garage and can take it on. Happy ending really, it stays in the fold which is exactly what my mate wanted, and it's going to someone who will get the job done and not blather airily about it.I saw the caravan Regie, my mate Mark would be dribbling at that and cancelling the sale of his...as essentially it would be a mint version of his car. Mr Lobster also has a rather nice model of it in 1:43 Minichamps flavour.http://www.noskooljustcool.com(It's pretty dead ATM because most of the regulars are in Yeovil)

Much OOOFFF! Watanabe. I hadn't seen one of these things, either in the metal/grot/wag or on a screen for probably 20 years and now they seem to be popping up regularly. Good save.Are you going to just dummy it up, or do a full-on RR hero-weldathon?

Mr Lobster also has a rather nice model of it in 1:43 Minichamps flavour.

I have a Minichamps model of the Kadett C Caravan in the exact same blue bought in Barcelona in Dec 2001 (along with a green MkI Scirocco), has it been re-released or is it new old stock? I realise they've done them in many colours.

I thought the Celeste was actually the Violet with the L shaped rear lights, but then found a version of the Celeste with the rear lights:

Posted Image

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C87564/

Love these cars, they certainly go into the rare category of Japanese shite.

Folks used to think mine was a "Datsun" with a much smaller engine at the time I owned mine too... :roll: