Renault Laguna X2

Dukestar25

I've spotted these on flea-bay and I know that many of you have much expertise on the subject of 'voitures francaise'. this is them: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3DWatchinghttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3DWatchingI was going to offer them £200 for both :lol:. Question is, would these be worthy of further investigation or would they just be a complete waste of time and money..?(the diesel is the one I really want but the petrol looks clean enough to deserve another chance)

I've always liked the look of these, but have been put off so far by the endless streams of horror stories... maybe in a few years when only the good ones remain... and I value more comfort in a ride.

Posted Image

That black one looks really smart for the money.

Hitting them with that offer might just pay off if you do it a day or two before Crimbo - good luck. Whats the worst that could happen? Over the bridge with them if they're both dogs, but each looks like worth a go if you've got time.

Edit - just had a double-take at the number plate: thought it said RENO :D

That black one looks like it had a really crap piece of welding on the sill - or it could just be the photo?Without having a look, TBH I wouldn't bother. I don't what a monkey is, but as Pog says, Mot'ed versions of these are cheap enough. This generation Laguna was considerably more reliable than it's replacement, though.I would ask them why they are not bothering to put a MOT on the cars.Edit: 55bloke beat me to it!

Shame on you AnthonyG for not knowing that a monkey = £500! :lol: I reckon you could get the best 2.2 diesel Phase 1 Laguna in the world for £500. To be honest, I'd steer clear of these - he's a dealer, he's probably given £50 P/X each and let's face it, the reason he hasn't bunged a ticket on them is that they probably won't easily MOT. Avoid!