Project Escargo-t

Felly Magic

I'm sure they have a plan, in fact I imagine they'll have probably even solved the problem before releasing the first video just so they don't look like tools. Quite nice that one of  the YouTube comments is from someone who potentially converted it in the first place! 

I'm liking this already! But am too wondering where the further weight loss is going to come from. Also why it is needed - obviously it will be desirable to keep the weight down, but even loaded with car they'll still have another 1500kg to play with before hitting the 7.5t limit.

Things like ramps and decent doors will soon bang the weight up. Plus they'll probably be carrying tools and spares for the rally car. I remember driving an 0813 cargo back in the day and thinking it was quite sprightly! It will be interested to see how they do things, I'm hoping for handmade aluminium lightweight kitchen and lots of brackets ????. God knows how long it will take to do this, they all ready have Binky and the mg plus the paying work too.

• 2 weeks later...

I would say it was new to Essex county council going by the Essex plate on it, this appears to be an 811 extralong wheelbase chassis cowl, I think they may have overpaid for it though, as when they got it, it was in a bit of a state, being a half arsed lash up with back barn doors off a 3.5 ton luton van, their quest to keep it under 7.5 tonnes fully laden is going to be hard I feel. Lopping the end off the chassis and replacing it with a sloped floor with ally substructure could be their way forwards, BUT they need to watch for corrosion where steel and ally join