Rover 420 has left Bedfordshire, enroute Nottingham

flat4alfa

Why are these called 'Tomcat'? Is it to do with smelling of piss or summert?

The swoopy coupe body was named that at the factory when in development

Some think (typically Facebook warriors) it was a just the turbo coupe, but no. 

Which one didn't have power steering? My dad also had an SEi until I parked it half up a lamp post a couple of weeks after I passed my test. I liked it so much I bought myself one.

My Dad had an earlyish R8 a few years before, an H plate(H434 RWA). It was a 214Si but I can't remember if it had power steering. He'd had two mk2 Cavaliers prior so it probably felt light even if it didn't have.

Which one didn't have power steering? My dad also had an SEi until I parked it half up a lamp post a couple of weeks after I passed my test. I liked it so much I bought myself one.

My Dad had an earlyish R8 a few years before, an H plate(H434 RWA). It was a 214Si but I can't remember if it had power steering. He'd had two mk2 Cavaliers prior so it probably felt light even if it didn't have.

Dads didn’t. I’d had Mk3 2.0 cavs before my Rover and they all had ps. I just remember reversing my dads 214 off the drive and attempting to turn the wheel.

If I remember correctly, the steering wheel stayed where it was and my entire arm fell out of it’s socket.

Dads didn’t. I’d had Mk3 2.0 cavs before my Rover and they all had ps. I just remember reversing my dads 214 off the drive and attempting to turn the wheel.

If I remember correctly, the steering wheel stayed where it was and my entire arm fell out of it’s socket.

My 1995 214SEi definitely had power steering...I weighed less than a gnat's bollock when I was 18 with arms like peeled cheese strings and I found it nae problems.

And I'll use this opportunity to whore my favourite photograph of it again...

post-19970-0-93158700-1554505300_thumb.jpg

No the clutch isn't very heavy, just got stiffer overtime which is a long while. The cable has always been a bit stretched 'play' feeling and it's lighter than my Alfa 156 and miles lighter than any LT77 I've had the chance of. It's doubt it's about to pop, put it that way. I jump in this anytime, even if it did months along the line, it's a tenner. I can barely get two pints of 'Premium' eurofizz down here for a tenner

No the clutch isn't very heavy, just got stiffer overtime which is a long while. The cable has always been a bit stretched 'play' feeling and it's lighter than my Alfa 156 and miles lighter than any LT77 I've had the chance of. It's doubt it's about to pop, put it that way. I jump in this anytime, even if it did months along the line, its a tenner. I can barely get two pints of 'Premium' eurofizz down here for a tenner

Another random please.