Xantia 1.9td

Daviemck2006

I have a xantia 1.9td that I need shifting. Its a 1.9td, covered just short of 220000 miles. It is an absolutely cracking drive, very strong engine, good gearbox, clutch is a bit heavy but works ok. It is out of mot about 6 months ago. Its body suffered the usual dante red lacquer peel and a few unwanted scrapes. I decided to paint ir, and thought I would try hand painting with tekaloid paint then a fine sand and polish. So after rubbing it all down, welding small patches on the usual rear door shuts, sorting out the bumps etc started painting. There was a plan. Black roof and bonnet, red the rest. So duly gave the roof and bonnet two coats of black, on a nice sunny day, then it pissed rain and fucked it. Never mind says me ill do the red, opened the tin of paint and discovered I had been sent orange instead. No worries, I will go with orange. So painted it got, had only enough to do one coat which did not give coverage so it is utterly crap paintwork. I have now lost i terest in it and just want rid. Other problems I know about. The gearbox mount is knackered so the engine rocks on its mountings. There was a fuel leak from the region of the fuel pump. I thought it was the fuel pump, but after poking about at the return pipes from the injectors this stopped. Its been started regularly and citrobotics done regularly since its been laid up. The battery is knackered though, it needs jump starting which it does no problem, even on veggie. There was a whiff of curry from the heater but its wasnt using water. The last time I was doing citrobotics it developed a leak. I have no idea where from. It is sitting with the front high and the rear on the bump stops. It needs tyres, deffo 2 maybe 3. It was previously owned by citrojim on the FCF, and before that by Zelandith of here and the FCF. I have a big box of spares for it consisting of new clutch kit, clutch cable, heater matrix, gearbox mount bush, fuel pump rebuild kit, injector seals, injector run off pipes and a few other items I cant remember. It also has the most comfortable and excellent condition black leather interior. No photos at the moment, im scared incase it breaks my camera lol. Now the difficult bit. It is located in Macduff, 40 miles north of Aberdeen.first bit of postcode AB44. It will start to drive onto a trailer no problems. It will make an epic collection thread! I will need £80 for the car, as thats what scrappy has offered, without the interior, as I will make the front seats fit in my caddy van. But if I get £80 for the car alone I wont steal the seats. £130 for the car plus the box of bits. I would say for mot it needs the suspension sorted, gearbox mount fitted, a couple of tyres and a battery. It could be a good car, although ugly for years yet. I hope someone saves her. If theres enough interest at £2.20 a pop it shall be roffled. The wheels pictured on it can be bought at £100 while picking up the car. They have 1/2 worn vredestien winters on the front, relatively recent uniroyal rainsport 3on the back. Feel free to ask questions. If its saved it will be a true shiter f37e48710b0071c7994a92b35534d249.jpg9c4f636c7b4ef8b50462e3686040fa4b.jpg7a19d513f77fb3821d360467302c07b4.jpge94800e9a4f337ed5935ddaf881012d5.jpg425c55a23cbfcbb78de850c4abea6efd.jpg

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

That will look great if the paint gets finished...

This was a cracking drive while I owned it.

Timing belt and water pump have been changed in the last couple of years too.

I don't doubt for a second that when the gremlins from the layup are sorted that she will be a thoroughly dependable car again.

I'll mention it to a mate of mine back up there who occasionally wants projects, not sure if they're looking just now but can't hurt to ask.

I REALLY NEED A HOUSE WITH A DRIVEWAY / GARAGE.

I'd snap that up if I did. I'm originally from Turriff, and only in Aberdeen, so not far at all!

I reckon the wedge of a Xantia would look GR11 in matte grey. Like something out of Robocop.

Someone asked for photos of the engine bay so here there is.

I was trying to make it look different, it may well look er,,,,,striking with another coat of orange! Im selling because of my health not allowing me to work on old cars now, I also sold a mint pug 205 recently. I have had to resort to boring but ultra reliable VAG stuff apart from my sunday best pug 4074088b9b922ae00ec7a84c69cc7a556e6.jpgb10a61b38624ae2593184c0002905753.jpg

Sometimes a cheap engine stops being a cheap engine

attachicon.gifPicture112312321.png

Dislike.

How far down do you think I could drag it behind the Volvo before they stop falling for the "I'm just recovering it to a place of safety, officer"?

Geography has a lot to do with my somewhat silly donor choice, more HDis about than XUDs so chances of one in sensible proximity are higher.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

£80 for a turbo XUD with front mount intercooler with most of the car still attached. Bargain.

I don't have a trailer, would it A-frame? Or is it too low to drag ?

Nope, it wouldnt a frame, the back is right on the bump stops. The front is high, it has always been high, even on normal height. Zel was going to fix the ride height a few years ago when he owned it, and its been on my list of to dos since I bought it, but it has never been done. Dunno if it would a frame in reverse with the front wheels on the ground and steering locked. Could be a laugh at best