Techno Classica Essen 10-14 April 2019

skattrd

I couldn't find a thread for this year's show, so thought I'd start one. Apologies if there's already a thread somewhere...

So, is anyone planning on going to the show?

I'm about 70% likely to go at present. I've not booked anything yet, but I was thinking of staying in Dusseldorf for the weekend (nice bars in the old town) and catching the train from there. I think Essen is 30 mins from Dusseldorf by train.

http://www.siha.de/tce_uk.php?m=1&ms=1

I've been to the TC very often since the 90s. My impression is that it became more and more an exhibition of expensive and overpriced classics. Tickets become more expensive every year as well.

There's definitely loads of unaffordable, high-end stuff, but there's still plenty of stuff to appeal to Autoshitters as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody driving from the UK?

Sort of...

I'm currently deciding how far to drive and where to stay. I'm leaning towards staying in Venlo, across the border in Holland and catching the train from there. Its a longer journey to Essen than from say Dusseldorf, but it means less driving for me Friday/Monday. I may still stay in Dusseldorf for the weekend, Im really ambivalent atm.

Is anyone going over and fancies meeting up for a beer somewhere?

Sort of...

I'm currently deciding how far to drive and where to stay. I'm leaning towards staying in Venlo, across the border in Holland and catching the train from there. Its a longer journey to Essen than from say Dusseldorf, but it means less driving for me Friday/Monday. I may still stay in Dusseldorf for the weekend, Im really ambivalent atm.

Is anyone going over and fancies meeting up for a beer somewhere?

You don't happen to be near fritzpatrick pub in Essen do you?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Great show, lots of shiny and expensive cars, most of which looked like they were for sale.

https://classiccarcuration.co.uk/lancia-delta-s4-stradale-sells-for-over-a-million-at-techno-classica/

I'll try to post some of my pics tonight, here's a couple of teasers from the car park:

post-4715-0-92639800-1555332746_thumb.jpg

post-4715-0-37561600-1555332812_thumb.jpg

post-4715-0-19483400-1555332842_thumb.jpg

post-4715-0-56246500-1555332881_thumb.jpg