Rover 218D. - - - No further updates.

DoctorRetro

Not really sure about the number plate placement, because I guess in a apocalyptic wasteland you'd not bother with plates at all. 

Picked the littlun up from his new school today, definitely got some withering looks from the mums (including his mum) :D

Believe me, I'm enjoying it as much as him. 

post-26798-0-70658000-1556123308_thumb.jpg

post-26798-0-11838500-1556123358_thumb.jpg

Ps. Number plate placement is legal, I did my research. Only stipulation is visible from the front and as close to vertical as possible. Rear plates are a bit more strict as they must be lit. I've printed off the legislation regarding number plates as glove box material, just in case. 

Not really sure about the number plate placement, because I guess in a apocalyptic wasteland you'd not bother with plates at all.

Picked the littlun up from his new school today, definitely got some withering looks from the mums (including his mum) :D

Believe me, I'm enjoying it as much as him.

IMG_20190424_172406.jpg

IMG_20190424_172344.jpg

Ps. Number plate placement is legal, I did my research. Only stipulation is visible from the front and as close to vertical as possible. Rear plates are a bit more strict as they must be lit. I've printed off the legislation regarding number plates as glove box material, just in case.

I'm not sure I agree it's legal, as it's stipulated that it must be "fixed on the front of the vehicle". Not that I suspect anyone will be bothered, seeing how many people seem to drive around with a plate on the dash instead.

i'd be interested to see from the GOV website about the above law - it does state the furthest forward point of the vehicle aswell as being vertical (from memory)

You dont want anymore reason for plod to pull you than you already have. 

i'd be interested to see from the GOV website about the above law - it does state the furthest forward point of the vehicle aswell as being vertical (from memory)

You dont want anymore reason for plod to pull you than you already have.

I have over the years pointed out to my wife who, were I a police man, I would pull over. She thinks that I would be a petty, overzealous kind of plod, who would pick on people for irrelevant things.

I wouldn't be arsed to stop that. If it's not legal it should be made legal by parliament.

I continue to be horrified, bemused and delighted by this in equal measures.  

This (quite obviously) wouldn't be for me, but it does reinforce one of my beliefs.  Cars are very rarely 'done' when we are done with them. 

With all this new paint on it, it may well outlast us all!  With all the trinkets, nobody's going to park within 3 miles of it so it's unlikely to ever come to any harm.  Is there any plan to invest in its long term viability?  Your lad may well be disappointed to see it ever leave now!

If it was me I would worry less about Mr policeman say about numberplate placement and a bit more about what insurance company is going to say if you have a bump.

If your insurance gets cancelled because you didn't inform them, then it will effect all future premiums.

I think* it might be considered modified from factory spec .