How Ramrod Got His Groove Back

eddyramrod

Took MrsR out in it today for a little drive.  She seems to like it!

Also, folded the back seats because one of its primary functions is going to be Tip Van, and this is where I discover the seats only fold forward, they don't tip over again to leave a single-level floor for goods.  Never mind, I did fit an Autoshite dealer sticker to the back, and BMH: you'll be pleased to know that sticker you couldn't get off yielded to my loving touch and is now where it should be.

Well it's mine now!  I've just been to the post office and set up a DD for the tax.  Nowhere near as cheap as I thought it might be.  Must be high emissions....

To a man used to "Taxing" a 7.5 litre V8 for free any kind of monetary payment is bound to sting initially  :-)

Seriously though Eddy, glad to see you behind the wheel again; Will you be bringing the C3 to Grange in summer??

To a man used to "Taxing" a 7.5 litre V8 for free any kind of monetary payment is bound to sting initially   :-)

Seriously though Eddy, glad to see you behind the wheel again; Will you be bringing the C3 to Grange in summer??

Oh dear, where do I start?

Grange, no, if I do go it'll be with Huggy.  Haven't decided if I'll go yet though.

But thank you for the sentiments!

The trip was 131 miles, a mix of motorway, urban and rural A-roads.  

Three hours twenty minutes, 131 miles, at an average mpg of 36.1,

That 131 miles cost me £20 in petrol.  The trains to get there took over four hours and cost nearly £60.  Trains really don't make much sense, do they?

Well it's mine now!  I've just been to the post office and set up a DD for the tax.  Nowhere near as cheap as I thought it might be.  Must be high emissions....

That's 'cos it's basically a Peugeot 205 engine off of the '80s.  My C2 was shit on fuel as well, although yours has a proper gearbox which will probably help it considerably.

Yoy should see howmuch teain fare to Leeds from Ipswich is, and it us only 2 trains and underground, and it is all by life expired stock. Cuel there and back is about half a single fare, and by the time the train hits Peteboghorror Id be sat up at my folks on my second cup of tea, and yes I did once do Clacton to my parents house in 3 hrs dead, an average speed of just over 70 lol

That 131 miles cost me £20 in petrol. The trains to get there took over four hours and cost nearly £60. Trains really don't make much sense, do they?

You don't have to buy, service, tax or insure the train. I think somewhere between double and triple the fuel cost is usually your real pence per mile for most cars, so it's about right in this case. Driving is more fun though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I've had this car two weeks.  I filled up with pez a day or two after arriving home and the gauge hasn't moved yet.  Mind the car's only been out an average of every two or three days, and none of that out of town. 

Things to report....

The central locking is noisy, operating with a loud thunk off the button on the key, but hey, at least it works.

The door check straps don't seem to do anything; both front doors simply swing wide and free when I open them.  Not something I'm likely to do anything about.

Everything else I've tried just seems to work as it should.  There are times when that's so valuable!  (Like now when I'm still not up to full fitness.)

Verdict: I like this.

I had a one year old example back in 2006, unfortunately it was a complete lemon and got traded in against a Skoda fabia SDI. However the actually car styling was great, a surprising amount of room inside and lovely to drive, just a shame mine was a wrong 'un. I'll be interested to see your mpg figures as I could rarely get more than mid thirties out of mine.

This one has some kind of trip computer witchery, which is the only reason I was able to include a fuel average.  How much do I worry about MPG?  See the second car listed below!  You'll probably never see another MPG update from me.

• 5 months later...

I couldn't resist grabbing these the other day....

1881510517_LMM014.thumb.jpg.156030e77e94d503cb3fbcc0c8a062dc.jpg

665205186_LMM015.thumb.jpg.291f7feb0e159ab86b7e6f1f69b3aff4.jpg

52, 53 and (my) 54 plates, just round the corner from home.  What you can't see is that further up the road there's usually a white 59 too!

I've finally noticed the echoes of 2CV in the styling of this baby.  Took me long enough!  And you know something?  I'm still enjoying it!

I couldn't resist grabbing these the other day....
1881510517_LMM014.thumb.jpg.156030e77e94d503cb3fbcc0c8a062dc.jpg
665205186_LMM015.thumb.jpg.291f7feb0e159ab86b7e6f1f69b3aff4.jpg
52, 53 and (my) 54 plates, just round the corner from home.  What you can't see is that further up the road there's usually a white 59 too!
I've finally noticed the echoes of 2CV in the styling of this baby.  Took me long enough!  And you know something?  I'm still enjoying it!
Still love ours, had it 11 years now (53 plate) still seem to be a lot about, bodies are wearing well..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...