Superb anti Obama / USA Scrappage rant!

The Reverend Bluejeans

Someone sent me this.........."I turned a jaundiced eye toward the Cash For Clunkers program when I first heard of it. It seemed like just another bit of progressive feel-good theater designed to make the ecomaniacs feel splendid about themselves. That being, of course, the entire raison d'etre of a progressive in the first place. I assumed the barriers to entry for this enterprise, the red tape and myriad of if/thens, would make the program just another liberal circle jerk. Cheap vaudeville for the True Believers.Therefore I was surprised when I read that no only was the program hugely successful in enticing folks to buy new fuel efficient cars, but it was so goddamn successful they'd run out of the first billion dollars of taxpayer money and needed an infusion of another 2 billion. All the while killing/unkilling the program as "too fucking successful," to quote the administration's Demolition Derby Czar.Two things about this program drive me absolutely insane: first, anyone who can afford payments on a new vehicle doesn't need my fucking tax dollars to make that happen. $4500 rebate for your clunker? Better be prepared to pay sticker price less $4500 for that new vehicle, sucker. And anyone who can't beat a salesman down $4500 on a new car without a trade in is a fucking moron.Second, and most egregious, is the fact that these "clunkers" are being willfully destroyed to prevent their use forevermore with a lethal dose of sodium silicate.You poor people who voted for Obama? He just fucked you again. Poor people can't afford $500 car payments even with a $4500 taxpayer bailout. All those "clunkers"? They were traditionally immediately auctioned into the bottom rungs of the used car market. High school and college kids looking for a first car? Poor folk who can only afford a $500 to $1500 car, where the dealer carries the paper and you pay him weekly because your credit resembles that of the Weimar Republic circa 1922? You're boned, Patsy.It's just like the old trope of burning a village to save it. (I really despise the assholes who perpetrated My Lai. Not only for what they did, but for giving the Left 40 years worth of ammunition, during which they endlessly and breathlessly proclaimed that that was all we ever did in Vietnam. Besides bayoneting babies and raping women, of course). A government that purposefully destroys perfectly serviceable consumer goods, inexpensive goods that most benefit the poorest and most desperate members of society, is a government gone so fucking mad it makes the ravings of tertiary syphilis look wholesome in comparison.This singular act belies any affectation of good faith, compassion, or humanity this craven and diabolical regime presumes. Barack Obama would rather have poor people beggar a damn ride to work, or walk holes in their shoes, than drive an affordable vehicle that does not meet his arbitrary and capricious definition of environmental friendliness.I work in a county full of poor country sods, black and white. Almost to a person they drive "clunkers". And there is a reason they drive pickup trucks from the sixties, seventies, eighties. And it's not for ironic reasons, or because they enjoy driving a "classic". It's because they bought that truck when they were 25 years old, and have babied it their entire lives and they never want to buy another vehicle, unless it's to buy mama a Buick when she's 65 to drive to the Publix and the hairdresser once a week. These poor bastards just had a goodly amount of the affordable vehicle market yanked out from under their feet by a megalomaniacal prick.I suppose King Barack I wants them to ride public transportation. Well, they don't have fucking buses in the country, or the small towns. That's an urban construct designed to help enslave the city proles. Hamlet proles need a cheap car, you miserable wretches.My indifference to this contemptible bastard has grown to concern, to disgust, to loathing. He isn't fit to carry a house framer's tool belt. He is a fraud, a despicable fraud, who would build his empire upon the bones of the weakest, most vulnerable segment of society as he engineers us into the ditch. I cannot wait to vote againt this son of a bitch again". :D

Yes, In one fell swoop he's proven himself to be another dangerous and short sighted idiot with typical disregard for the poor.The annoying thing is, the US has had for a few years now a charity where you donate your old car, and the charity gives it to someone who really needs it.

Do not get me started on Mandleson. I've never wanted to repeatedly punch someone in the face so much.

Thing is, Mandleson is in the House of Lords yes? So not an elected MP? So why in the name of fuck has an unelected, slimey, cuntpot so much responsibility in the running of our country to the extent that he is / was 'in charge' whilst Brown was on holiday?I'm right behind you in the queue for punching him DW :evil:

mandlecreep was on the Today prog about 1/2 an hour ago bickering with Evan Davies. He would not answer a straight questin when asked what his party's plans were for public sector reform and reducing the colossal deficit. All he would do was repeatedly put the boot intothe tory's idea. When is this odious dubious apparatchick going to realise that us plebs are fed up of hearing whining politicos blaming each other for the mess we are in and we need leaders witht he dignity to admit theiy have cocked up and to show some colhones...what a bell end

Mandy is such a powerful guy. Apparently, out of 45 major Government committees he sits on 35 of them. As you say though, the bloke is totally unelected. And, if I remember rightly, at the last general election he actually lost his seat in Hartlepool. He must have some photos of Gordon Brown in some veeeeeery compromising positions.........

Mandy is such a powerful guy. Apparently, out of 45 major Government committees he sits on 35 of them. As you say though, the bloke is totally unelected. And, if I remember rightly, at the last general election he actually lost his seat in Hartlepool. He must have some photos of Gordon Brown in some veeeeeery compromising positions.........

With farmyard animals. And Tony Blair.

Sorry, that orginal rant is load of unmitigated rubbish, probably written by someone who masturbates over pictures of Sarah Palin :roll: Amazing the amount of hate scrapping a few old cars creates. Nothing that interesing is even being scrapped by the US scheme, as it only covers post 1984 stuff, precisely to stop situations like that Minor above. The most common vehicle being scrapped is the Ford Explorer - typical 1990s SUV rubbish.

Gordon Brown wasn't voter elected. Peter Mandleson is a fucking cunt of epic proportions, he was just controversy in the 90's, and now he's suddenly back? He's in the pockets of bankers, corporations and even the fucking Russians.I preferred old style labour, I hate this conservative neu-labor and they seriously need to go.

Yeah, set of knobs.I do like to watch Newsnight & Question Time etc now & again (Jeez, I'm turning into my Dad!), & the only politician who seems to talk any sense is Lib Dem's Vince Cable. Plus he's got one of the best names ever.Blimey, the way this thread is going we'll end up standing for election in the next general election. 'Vote Autoshite: Shove Your Fucking Scrappage Scheme Up Your Arse'. Catchy.By the way, I looked up the word 'scrappage'' in the dictionary recently & there isnt even such a word in existance.

Sorry, that orginal rant is load of unmitigated rubbish, probably written by someone who masturbates over pictures of Sarah Palin :roll: Amazing the amount of hate scrapping a few old cars creates. Nothing that interesing is even being scrapped by the US scheme, as it only covers post 1984 stuff, precisely to stop situations like that Minor above. The most common vehicle being scrapped is the Ford Explorer - typical 1990s SUV rubbish.

What a load of bollocks. The kind of cars being scrapped are the kind of cars you drive Matey. Cheap, old, useful everyday shitters.You have failed in an epic manner to see that useful working cars are being scrapped without good reason - whether you want to own them or not. Ford Explorers will die out of their own once they've been run into the ground.At what point will you realise how sinister this is? When a cunt like Mandelson passes a bill to stop you from driving your car because it doesn't comply with Governmental Eco-bullshit, or charges you £1000 a year to tax it. You really think this won't happen?Oh, and I suppose you think McCain and Palin wouldn't have backed this?Get real FFS. :roll:

What a load of bollocks. The kind of cars being scrapped are the kind of cars you drive Matey. Cheap, old, useful everyday shitters.You have failed in an epic manner to see that useful working cars are being scrapped without good reason - whether you want to own them or not. Ford Explorers will die out of their own once they've been run into the ground.At what point will you realise how sinister this is? When a cunt like Mandelson passes a bill to stop you from driving your car because it doesn't comply with Governmental Eco-bullshit, or charges you £1000 a year to tax it. You really think this won't happen?Oh, and I suppose you think McCain and Palin wouldn't have backed this?Get real FFS. :roll:
I own a 57 reg Mondeo and I'm certainly not your mate! :lol:If you get off your arse and vote next year Mandy won't be in power anyway - typical keyboard warrior conspiracy bollocks.

I've voted against Nulabour in everything I can. At no point have I voted for Mandelson.I could have sworn you were talking about buying a £1000 Rover 75 recently as well..................or are you one of those that likes the idea of owning an old car but ultimately doesn't have the balls for it?

To be fair to the US, they have some car industry left to prop up.It's all short term gain though, what's going to happen to them after these wasteful schemes?

It will all happen again and again. For too long car makers have churned out ever increasing numbers of cars, either thinking it will never end or putting off the evil day when it all turns to shit.The only thing is, the old cars of tomorrow are unfixable junk with dealer service only.The best selling car in the US is still a Toyota Camry iirc. :lol:

It's all short term gain though, what's going to happen to them after these wasteful schemes?

The retail motor industry both here and the US will have to adjust to the fact that there has been massive over capacity for years, they have been building too many cars and selling them at an unrealistic price relying on finance sales to actually make a profit.Artificially driving sales is not the long term answer, solves a short term lack of demand for them but they need to address the real problems at some point.

It's all short term gain though, what's going to happen to them after these wasteful schemes?

The retail motor industry both here and the US will have to adjust to the fact that there has been massive over capacity for years, they have been building too many cars and selling them at an unrealistic price relying on finance sales to actually make a profit.Artificially driving sales is not the long term answer, solves a short term lack of demand for them but they need to address the real problems at some point.
The answer could well be to make fewer cars (say a million a year per manufacturer), and for the manufacturers to own the dealer networks and make more money from parts, service, selling warranties and used cars.As you say, it just has to gear down now. Nothing wrong with making money from finance though.

I feel that the crappage scheme that appears loathsome to us old car fanatics truly makes sense to 'everyone else' - in a quantitative world it's the numbers that count.

Eco-bullshit, or charges you £1000 a year to tax it.

- this however, WOULD piss me off greatly as I see the eco argument against the (very ) small minority of harmless old cars in extended life use as pandering at its worst.It pisses me off further to think I could get bum banged for excess tax even after making the effort to convert my car to LPG gas - I get no concession nor any grant (nor would I ask for one) I'd consider that grossly unfair.It's such a shame that Nu Labour are such cunts because I will NEVER vote for Conservatives on principle. If I thought that Lib Dems or (lol) the greens could actually pull off a show I'd vote for them instead.I still wonder what the point in political parties actually is. Identity, MP recruitment and plain old tribalism perhaps. I can't help but think that the main problem is that MPs of any party end up having to live up to the ethos of the party and not actually what people want - when you vote you get campaigns thru about the candidates (usually it's the first time I've ever heard of them) but do you vote for these people or do you vote for the party?If parties were abolished and all MPs were independent maybe we'd get more applied sense in policy? dunno just thinking and typing

It has nothing to do with saving the economy or the car industry, it's just covering the politician's arses, very short term 'fix'. The American car industry is doomed for the right reasons, it's a dinosaur.