For sale 305 van Worcestershire £1500

jon.k

Deposit taken from a Shiter! Hopefully a 300 mile collection thread beginning in a couple of weeks. Thanks everyone and I'm really glad it's staying on here.

I’m reluctantly thinking of selling my 305 van.
G reg
Tatty but original
130,000 miles ish
MOT to October and used daily
In the past year or so it’s had:
Cambelt and water pump,
Battery
Clutch
Two new winter tyres,
Front dampers
New old stock rear lights,
Lots of new coolant hoses found from around the world through the Peugeot owners club,
New radiator
Lots of other bits and pieces.
Dinitrolled to the max.
I’ve spent well over £1000 improving it.
A small patch on one cill, and some bodywork around the rear arches to fix a previous repair. The underside is solid and I’ve only found one small hole in the passenger footwell under the carpet.
The van had been owned by a local mechanic who drove it on a one mile trip to work and back for 15 years. I think I gave it a bit of shock when I started using it as my everyday van, and the headgasket went. The engine in the van was a replacement of unknown mileage from dsparesandtyres, but it goes much better than the old one.
The next and only thing that I would sort is that leaks a bit from behind the glovebox. The previous owner taped this up and used a syringe to pump out the glovebox, but if the van is not used for a while it will get wet in there. Otherwise the van is a great little van.
I can get specific pictures but the van is locked up in storage away from my house, so it may take a couple of days.
I was offered a low mileage t4 van by a friend, that I can also go camping in and which carries our tandem bike. This is in dry storage and not being used. It is probably time to admit that I don’t need two vans plus other old cars.

I’d like to claw back as many pennies as possible although it will still owe me a fair bit of course. As a start, £1500 is the price elsewhere... shiters make me an offer. Find another which isn’t puddlejumper’s or the rusty crusty van! Or foads/shiteknight’s. They’re everywhere here but I’ve only seen one other on the road in the last 15 years, and that was on a trailer.

That's great. Where are you and do you fancy a swap for my 205?

http://autoshite.com/topic/32885-peugeot-205-cj-£1100-years-ticket/page-4

(edit: just seen the location's in the title duh...)

That’s very tempting, but I’ve been a 205 cj owner since I was about 5 and don’t need another car at the moment.

I’ve been a bit bothered about selling the van as I really like it, but this swap offer has cheered me up. As my wife said when she saw it, “See, there’s loads of other shit that you can buy another time!” Praise indeed.

post-24329-0-04890400-1553371083_thumb.jpeg

That’s very tempting, but I’ve been a 205 cj owner since I was about 5 and don’t need another car at the moment.

I’ve been a bit bothered about selling the van as I really like it, but this swap offer has cheered me up. As my wife said when she saw it, “See, there’s loads of other shit that you can buy another time!” Praise indeed.

Ooooh that’s cool, where I can get mes one of those models?

A shiter has been in contact today and is trying to arrange a way to pick it up and drive it home 300 miles... fingers crossed.

Lots of interest from Ireland, but I agree, it would be good if it stayed in the community!

I didn’t know that you owned the knob van too!

1989 I got my first full time job at a Peugeot dealer. I was (unbelievably) left in charge of the parts dept. The manager was at a different depot and left me alone.

We had a white 305 parts van. :-)

Shame I was only 16 at the time. :-(

I only saw the 305 van a few times as the other departments used d it as a courtesy car.