Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How do I fix this?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pandamonium

pandamonium

• Full Members
  • 2,159 posts
  • LocationTraveling in space and time.

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

No bodging tips tho, need to fix it properly!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2014 Seat Ibiza 1.2 S A/C 5dr - Boring company car

1988 Austin Metro 1275 Auto - Vanden Plas!

1987 Lada 1200s

#2 OFFLINE   Torsten2001

Torsten2001

• Full Members
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 02:54 PM

Professionally I'd suggest, I know some good people around my way if it comes to it!

#3 OFFLINE   andrewp

andrewp

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSussex U.K.

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:24 PM

The first thing I would do is clean the area up and cover the bare metal and cracks in the paint with varnish or even nail polish so that rust does not take hold.

#4 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 21,416 posts
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

Yeah ist not really a bad one, if you've not done bodywork before or got any decent facilities, it'll be difficult to end up with something less noticeable than what you've got now! I'd probably suggest getting it to a pro to sort that.

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

#5 OFFLINE   AnthonyG

AnthonyG

• Full Members
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

I would find a professional who is willing to do it - some hate working on 'old' cars, though.You could manage a reasonable job yourself with Halfords rattle cans and a bit of Kurust, but a pro will know precisely how much filler (a very thin 'skim') to put on the panel, and will have better paint equipment. I suspect the paint will need matching as well, can't imagine much Lada paint records/stocks around these days!P.S since you obviously care about the car, I would seriously consider a decent security device to protect it - Ladas are very simple (and therefore easy to steal). Either a big round metal shield that covers the whole steering wheel, or an immobiliser of some sort. Preferably both really.

#6 OFFLINE   pandamonium

pandamonium

• Full Members
  • 2,159 posts
  • LocationTraveling in space and time.

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:22 PM

I hardly ever park the car where it could be stolen, its always at home on my drive or at work in a secure-ish lot. I've just painted it with Kurust stuff now. Until I can afford to get it done properly.

2014 Seat Ibiza 1.2 S A/C 5dr - Boring company car

1988 Austin Metro 1275 Auto - Vanden Plas!

1987 Lada 1200s

#7 OFFLINE   Marty

Marty

• Full Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationFutureshiteville - Blackpool

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

I hardly ever park the car where it could be stolen, its always at home on my drive .

Mwahahahahahr!Had my Mk 3 Fiasco robbed off the drive, PIR floodlight and CCTV camera did not stop the scumbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahg screwdrivering the door lock and away - whole thing on camera took less than a minute.

#8 OFFLINE   Dead_E23

Dead_E23

• Full Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:53 AM

I would seriously consider a decent security device to protect it - Ladas are very simple (and therefore easy to steal). Either a big round metal shield that covers the whole steering wheel, or an immobiliser of some sort. Preferably both really.

I've got a Disklok on my p&j (which is also very simple and easy to steal), and sleep much better as a result. They're not cheap, but there's still time to send Santa out for one!

#9 OFFLINE   Torsten2001

Torsten2001

• Full Members
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:09 AM

One of my colleagues is a former car thief (I kid you not!) he says the only thing that he would not have attempted to nick was a car with a disc lock (the thing that covers the steering wheel) everything else is easy apparently!

#10 OFFLINE   Dead_E23

Dead_E23

• Full Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:27 AM

I'd heard that they're referred to as 'the cap' by car thieves, and that once they see one on a car they consider it game over. In order to make stealing my car as tiresome as possible I've fitted more than one immobiliser (nuff said, I think), so unless they come with a HIAB they'll need to set an afternoon aside and bring all their tools with them. Even the MOT man commented on what a sod it would be to steal! :P (Just off to check outside...)

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:07 AM

Glad I'm not the only one with CCTV, admittedly mine is more so I can stare at the exciting lines of the Charmant all day, without having to go outside into the cold.

#12 OFFLINE   bones96

bones96

• Full Members
  • 600 posts
  • Locationwest sussex

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:03 PM

most of my cars have had a kill switch hidden under the dash somewhere as a anti theft device even the plod when they had to move my last car couldnt start it they had to phone me up at work lol to ask me if they could move it out of there way and how to start it
old fords never die they end up on ebay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users