Renault 19 collected.

Tickman

Woooling it 'ard.

post-5435-0-21343500-1553357152_thumb.jpg

Proud* new owner.

And away up the road.

post-5435-0-09917400-1553357271_thumb.jpg

Clutch sounded a bit slippy as the car disappeared into the distance. Don't remember it being that bad so Shaft or Loser1 broke it.

Lovely to meet you Tickman, always great to see another lovely shitter.

Give me two rings when you get home so we know you're safe.

Fuel stop at Berwick.

post-17457-0-36265000-1553366865_thumb.jpg

Slippy clutch can be driven round at the moment.

I find it comfortable and it corners very well. 

It can allegedly sit at 85 I believe.

The biggest issue I had was the bloody radio only playing utter shit but that might not be the radios fault.

More after dinner.

Dinner and a beverage consumed.

Massive thanks to Jim Bell for not only: 

supplying the car for the Roffle, 

supplying snacks for the trip home, 

fitting an emergency set of mats to the 19 before it left,

Most importantly picking me up at the station in the yellow supercharged Merc and letting me have a shot, it is quite nice!

LoserOne also had input as he washed it ;)

I did the socially awkward 'right I should go now' thing but stayed and have a good catch up.

A quick pic was deemed necessary when I headed back to the car after a comfort break.

post-17457-0-22739800-1553377512_thumb.jpg

Bah, I didn't wash it, that was my two year old.

Thanks to Jim for letting me have a go, and for letting me roffle it. Was nice to have a bit of craic too, I hope Chuck enjoys her eggs and you get to enjoy the car properly.

So what is it like?

As has possibly been mentioned the clutch will slip if you attempt too much acceleration. It is a cable clutch so logical diagnosis shall be used at some point over the next week or so.

Seat position is just right for me. steering feel is good and it copes very well with the keeping momentum approach used on the way home. I embarrassed a few cars on the way home.

The brakes are great, there is no wheel wobble at any speed. It tracks straight and does car very well.

There is a drone at speed which I think is the stainless exhaust and wind noise is more noticeable compared to newer cars.

In summary,

Great day, met another shitter who is great, met up again with another, picked up a car that with a bit of effort could be great. 

What better way to spend a day.

Bah, I didn't wash it, that was my two year old.

Thanks to Jim for letting me have a go, and for letting me roffle it. Was nice to have a bit of craic too, I hope Chuck enjoys her eggs and you get to enjoy the car properly.

Thank Charlie for me, until next time...

I thought the drone might be the terrible tyres around the alloys but I could be wrong. Personally I'd revert it back to steels as they ride better with them.

Good to see it's stayed within the forum. Like every other of my 19s has.

If anyone really wants a 19 fix, just come to Spain. Dozens still about.

The drone doesn't sound like a bearing at all, at least for now but I'm open to all possibilities it is willing to throw at me.

I find the ride on the alloys perfectly fine, I'm unlikely to change the wheels over unless it coincides with them having to come off for other reasons.

It is currently working so I'm not going to try fixing it until it is actually broken.