Ford Ka spares or repairs £100

chancer

As per title ford ka for spares or repairs. Ive run this since last july with no faults, however yesterday after doing around 45 miles without a hint of anything untoward, the instrument cluster started flickering and the radio went off. I pulled over and switched off and it refused to start again. Quick jump start and it came back to life. Connected volt meter and it was showing 13.8 while running. Ran fine for a while then voltage started dropping...then further up the road went back to 13.8. Ive no inclination to look into this so it will probably be going for scrap. Thought id put it up here first as its genuinely a great wee runner. Pics to follow later. Location....Glasgow

My wife’s old car! IIRC alternator is pretty doable if you take the headlamp out.

Yip thats the car. Its honestly been the best wee runner ive had. Only ever had to put air in the tyres and water in the skooshies. I suspected it would be the alternator, but with the MOT due within 6 weeks no sure its worth me bothering with, it will need a patch welding at the bottom corner of door shut and the rubber front suspension mounts changed. Defo all fixable for someone with better spannering skills than myself. I will be sad when it goes as its been in daily use since i got it.

Easily saveable.

Definately. This has been one of the best cars ive had. Very chuckable on the twisty bits and sits at 70 happily. It has its faults but its a 16 year old ford thats about to become extinct. Im actually starting to regret letting this go..

If i could drive it to Preston if give this a home and some tickling with a sparkly stick

I brought it home from Liverpool with no issues. I reckon Preston is doable, however another shiter has enquired when he can collect this... you want 2nd dibs??

Could do.

Just don't want to come on the side of the M6 with no sparks left in the wires

I might take it out tomorrow and see how it behaves. Chances are its no as bad as ive made out.This is probably a kneejerk reaction from me to get shot of it, but i did say when i bought it that i would run it til it breaks and no spend anything. I have a Bini with a knackered midlands box incoming so i would probs have sorted this otherwise.

Massively tempted but I’ve done of these before at £100 and I’m afraid underneath it would be like a tea bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might give it a gentle prod later on to see what its like. Its had a patch on the sills prior to me owning it, but for the age of the car it appears on the face of it to be a lot less rusty than most. Its still here anyway, shiter who called first dibs has bowed out

Stuck this on gumtree for a laugh. So far ive got a guy supposedly coming this afternoon with full money, to be fair he has text bk an forward and seems keen, if that fails i could consider the muppet with a Blackberry Bold phone as a swap!!! Or the dude who offered 60 quid cos scrap its only worth 40 do doin me a favour!