MOT question

jrh101

Had an mot test today at 5pm the car passing with an advisory (the a4 paper certificate details are correct and the garage is the same one I always use), when I check the online database the test hasn't updated on the system, is there usually a short delay or should I be concerned that there has been a computer problem?  

It's not unheard of for it to go wrong, I had a retest last year that didn't go on the system for some reason, the garage (reliable) had to have three tries before it finally showed on the public record.

On their computer it looked fine, they couldn't understand it, I think they had to phone someone at DVSA in the end to get it sorted.

Had a test y’day 08:15, DVSA system down. Test started manually, then the system came online so Car was ‘logged on’. By the time my second car was underway, the results were viewable online for the first test.

At the end of the day, as OP says, the system may be slower to update.

DVSA system was down a bit over the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of mine passed its test but didn't show on the system.

It still didn't show a week later, so I rang the garage and it passed ten minutes later with no advisories and the car five miles away!

Not a bent MOT, just a helpful tester 'updating the system'.