60s/70s project car

petermcpete

I haven't touched my morris minor for flippin' ages and I wouldn't be against somebody taking it off my hands. It has horrendous bodywork (which is why I like it) but it's all solid and not too far off being driveable - brakes are 90% new and it needs a bit of fettling, but it runs and drives okay (just doesn't stop). New very expensive tyres. £1200?

Plan at the moment is to start the engine, it's been almost three years since it last ran. Hopefully the injector pump hasn't seized due to lack of use. Then remove a few modifications I added when it was in regular service. 

Unlikely to do anything to it before the middle of next month as I am currently preparing  four other shite mobiles for disposal.

I'll up date as and when.

Sadly he's not too keen on the above - looking for a bit less work, I think something with good bodywork would be ideal, but in need of some mechanical fettling.

Specifically he's keen on an MGB or similar - any of those knocking around on here or is it time to brave eBay or the like?

Well since he wants the most generic classic car that ever generic classic car'd, he needs to get himself on a generic auction site like eBay or Car&Classic and just buy any old shiny crock.  No matter how pricey they are or how show condition they look, they invariably need work because the owners of them tend to be on the hopeless and deluded side (SiC is the exception that proves the rule on these counts).  They're not brilliant cars, they're not dreadful, they're just An Car .  I do hope he doesn't expect it to be an exciting sports car, because they're not.