Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

W-reg Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi "Xantia of Excellence" £999

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Broadsword

Broadsword

• Full Members
  • 812 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

For sale is the most reliable and best all-round performing car I have ever owned. It's a 2000 (W-reg) Citroen Xantia 2.0 HDi. Will come with a full MOT after fixing light bulbs and a track rod end (this will be done within the space of a week). 127 000 miles. Very solid, runs and drives absolutely perfect in my opinion. Has excellent Michelin tyres all round, and a full sized Michelin spare. The fronts are extra grippy winter tyres and the rears Energy Savers. A good amount of tread all round and the tread wear is absolutely even on each tyre, which is very impressive of an old car that gets driven plenty, and loves to go round corners.

It has never leaked a drop of green blood and the suspension has been great. You do need to keep the height corrector lubricated and do Citrobatics regularly to prevent the height corrector sticking though. Bodywork is a bit utilitarian, but responds well to cleaning and polishing. The pictures below were after a polishing/waxing session + wet vac for the interior and it did a great deal of good. There are dents and scrapes and all that jazz. Worst of it the dented N/S front wing. None of this really detracts from the car since it is so solid and drives so well, but if you want something very shiny, maybe this is not for you.

Engine is spot on and has never given me any trouble whatsoever. Has a strong battery. Always starts on the button, never smokes, even at the red line. Last service on 9th November 2018 at 123,000 miles. I used the best oil and filters I could get. I also did the rear brake discs and pads last year and cleaned LHM filters. The cam belt has been done and not due for ages. The amount of service history with the car is outstanding and utterly complete. Huge amounts of money (I'm talking several thousand) have been spent on the car and you can really tell when you drive it. It will keep going for a very long time with due care and attention. Even the original sales invoice is present. Full book pack, radio code, spare batteries for keys. Two working key fobs. Everything basically. HPI clear.

Also important to note is that the engine has been remapped to 120 BHP. I don't have a receipt to prove it, I believe what the seller said as this can keep up with the HDi 110 I recently acquired. Also very importantly the front strut tops are perfect, which is crucial with these. On top of that is has a hydraulic clutch so no clutch pedal clip of doom. The way this thing performs on the motorways is exceptions and puts many moderns to shame.

Location close to York. I have tried to think of everything, but if I have missed something, just ask.

Attached Images

• IMG_6042.JPG
  • IMG_6043.JPG
  • IMG_6044.JPG
  • IMG_6045.JPG
  • IMG_6046.JPG
  • IMG_6047.JPG
  • IMG_6048.JPG
  • IMG_6049.JPG
  • IMG_6051.JPG
  • IMG_6052.JPG
  • IMG_6053.JPG
  • IMG_6249.JPG

• ProgRocker, Vantman, UltraWomble and 2 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

GM free since 89

• Full Members
  • 8,264 posts
  • 85 thanks

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

And very nearly a wcpgw? reg! Xantias are for winners glwts
  • richardmorris and UltraWomble like this

#3 OFFLINE   Broadsword

Broadsword

• Full Members
  • 812 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:23 PM

Yes it is a very Autoshite number plate, and seems to be a lucky charm!

#4 OFFLINE   Broadsword

Broadsword

• Full Members
  • 812 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 01 March 2019 - 09:21 PM

Might be worth adding video of the car since I did one a while back.

• snagglepuss likes this

#5 OFFLINE   sims00

sims00

• Full Members
  • 580 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:11 PM

Genuinely, I want this. I'll pm you.

#6 OFFLINE   cpjitservices

cpjitservices

• Full Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • 28 thanks

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

Near York you say, maybe for interested parties, I could help with collection capers as im near to York!!!

Saab 95 Estate Linear Sport - 1.9 TiD

#7 OFFLINE   Broadsword

Broadsword

• Full Members
  • 812 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:28 PM

As of today the car has a full 12 months MOT!

• Kringle and Maurice Marina like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users