Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Thames TV Retro Road Tests. Feel Free To Add.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   warren t claim

warren t claim

• Full Members
  • 9,875 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationOn the hard shoulder in 1985 slipping Fuegobird a length.

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:30 PM

• JeeExEll likes this

Warren T Claim said, "I'd rather find blood on my toilet paper than a hybrid on my driveway".

#32 OFFLINE   warren t claim

warren t claim

• Full Members
  • 9,875 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:34 PM

• JeeExEll likes this

Warren T Claim said, "I'd rather find blood on my toilet paper than a hybrid on my driveway".

#33 OFFLINE   warren t claim

warren t claim

• Full Members
  • 9,875 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:38 PM

Right, that's every clip I can find so far. Obviously, I don't want to "own" this thread so if any other shiter sees something new and relevant from Thames TV pop up in their YouTube inbox then please add to the thread. I think there's enough merit in their uploads to warrant a thread of their own away from our normal YouTube thread.

• Sheefag likes this

#34 OFFLINE   Tadhg Tiogar

Tadhg Tiogar

• Full Members
  • 3,990 posts
  • 26 thanks
  • LocationNot currently in Ireland

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

That's Golders Green alright. Double-parking was practically invented there. Still as bad today.

F*ck your Honda Civic, I've a horse outside,
F*ck your Subaru, I have a horse outside.
And f*ck your Mitsubishi, I've a horse outside,
If you're lookin' for a ride, I've got a horse outside

#35 OFFLINE   warren t claim

warren t claim

• Full Members
  • 9,875 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

• Dirk Diggler likes this

#36 ONLINE   adw1977

adw1977

• Full Members
  • 1,351 posts
  • 19 thanks
  • LocationSurrey

Posted Yesterday, 12:24 AM

Yeah, Golders Green hasn't changed much, although sadly the cars have! Having said that, a 1971 Humber Sceptre drove past me there this afternoon, it would have been right at home in the video above.

In the cut and shut video, at about 2:40 the presenter says that you could legitimately weld the good front half of one car to the back half of another and it would be perfectly roadworthy, if done properly. Is that really possible?

My spots and brochure scans: https://[email protected]/albums

#37 ONLINE   AlabamaShrimp

AlabamaShrimp

Er what?

• Full Members
  • 5,595 posts
  • 20 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 01:53 AM

Yarp. I always remember as a child my dad welding nearly the whole back end of a 120Y onto another one. Shame he never taught me to weld he was good but also a bodger.

Anyway I really love these bits they are putting up but some are literally just bits with the end etc missing really wish they'd upload the whole programmes.

#38 OFFLINE   sierraman

sierraman

• Full Members
  • 10,773 posts
  • 101 thanks

Posted Yesterday, 08:26 AM

Really don’t like the tone of Tony Bastable. Videos are good though, I think there’s one somewhere where he tests a U.K. spec Mustang 2?

#39 ONLINE   Conan

Conan

• Full Members
  • 222 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationBangkok

Posted Yesterday, 08:41 AM

Yeah, Golders Green hasn't changed much, although sadly the cars have! Having said that, a 1971 Humber Sceptre drove past me there this afternoon, it would have been right at home in the video above.

In the cut and shut video, at about 2:40 the presenter says that you could legitimately weld the good front half of one car to the back half of another and it would be perfectly roadworthy, if done properly. Is that really possible?

As far as I know, for a car before the implementation of high tensile steel bodywork (which started with the 1983 W201), it would be perfectly fine to weld two ends of a car together without it affecting too much the already crap crashworthiness of these cars.

People are still doing it today. Legality depends on jurisdiction. For it to drive properly though you'd need proper jig and measurement. Apparently the best way to do it is to joint them at the original spot welds.

• adw1977 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users