Shitely Request. Chester To West Midlands -UPDATE See Latest Post-

coalnotdole

Bit of an SOS here. I've got a couple of item's I've won on eBay in far flung locations and my work shedule has conspired to make collection difficult. I'd hoped to collect them on some upcoming cross country trip but unfortunately my employer has other ideas....

They have the flexibility to stand up the workforce to work 6 day weeks and have also extended our weekday working hours. They are blaming Brexit and trying to push production volumes as high as they can before the leave date.

I've got two collections outstanding and was wondering if theres anyone local who could collect on my behalf and either post onwards, or sit on them until I'm able to collect. Happy to cover any expenses. Petrol / Post / Beer Money.

The Items are industrial lights, 

The first Item is in Prestatyn - The Seller has said collection from Chester is also a possibility, they are 3 Fluorescent tube lights.

The second Items is in Lewisham, SE14 6QD, South london. And is a pair of explosion proof lights [ PLAN IN PLACE ]

If your able to help please pm me.

Cheers

Joe

cant help with the collection sadly (probably a good thing in this case id want to keep the lights  :mrgreen: )

but got any pics/details on the lights? :)

those explosion proof lights (and anything coughtrie) are sadly a favourite of the hipster steampunk coffee H van crowd and sadly get gutted, polished and sold at exorbitant prices 

cant help with the collection sadly (probably a good thing in this case id want to keep the lights  :mrgreen: )

but got any pics/details on the lights? :)

those explosion proof lights (and anything coughtrie) are sadly a favourite of the hipster steampunk coffee H van crowd and sadly get gutted, polished and sold at exorbitant prices

Lewisham:

s-l1600.jpg 

North Wales:

s-l1600.jpg

I can get to Lewisham fairly easily and we've met so I guess it would make life easier for you if the item is in Lewes with no pressure?

I finish work at 4 so could nip up one evening if the seller is ok with that. Confirm with me before you make an arrangement with the seller because I do sometimes have evening commitments.

I can get to Lewisham fairly easily and we've met so I guess it would make life easier for you if the item is in Lewes with no pressure?

I finish work at 4 so could nip up one evening if the seller is ok with that. Confirm with me before you make an arrangement with the seller because I do sometimes have evening commitments.

Thanks for the offer of help, PM sent!

Lewisham:

s-l1600.jpg 

North Wales:

s-l1600.jpg

ooh nice :)

I wonder what tubes are in the fluorescent one, looks to be about 6ft long? id like to see more details pictures of that when you get it if thats possible :)

its worth keeping in mind, that a lot of these older explosion proof fluorescent lights used starterless control gear which ONLY work with T12 tubes, which can be a bit hard to source these days if your not someone like me

ooh nice :)

I wonder what tubes are in the fluorescent one, looks to be about 6ft long? id like to see more details pictures of that when you get it if thats possible :)

its worth keeping in mind, that a lot of these older explosion proof fluorescent lights used starterless control gear which ONLY work with T12 tubes, which can be a bit hard to source these days if your not someone like me

My assumption is that the flouroscent lights are probably using 5ft T12 tubes. I tend to buy lights on quirkiness / price and worry about bulbs / functionality later. So I 'won't know for sure until I actually get them.

My asumption is they Probably origonally intended for a paint shop or spray booth. I've got some similar which produce a very loud - distinctive hum!

Lights seem to have been a bit of a recent tangent, Dave has Recently bought a load of holophanes to do the pontoon lighting at his boatyard and I could do with a corner mount Coughtrie for the garage / corner of the house.

The lights in SE14 are like, literally, opposite where I work (it's New Cross not Lewisham). I can certainly collect them, it would have to be weekday lunch or early evening, and keep them at work for a bit, or could bring them home (assume they're not ridiculously heavy/large) close to M25 Junction 6 which might be easier for you to get to? Let me know, would save someone else making a trip into London.

I've arranged to pick up the New Cross ones, it's no hassle as I have family in the area so will drop in on someone for a catch up as I'm nearby. I'm likely to be passing near where Coal not Dole lives sometime soon as well, so should hopefully be able to deliver.

Could collect tomorrow evening but it would be a tight time frame as I'll be on the road. Is it Prestatyn or Chester? And will they fit inside a Morris MO Oxford?

Tomorrow might be a bit short notice for the seller,

Where in Chester are the tubes, chief? Can probs collect them without too much agro.

I work in Prestatyn so I go there every day! I’d be happy to store for a little bit too.

PM me if you want me to.

The seller has given a choice of pickup location. He's now saying its Hawarden rather than  Chester and that would be on a weekday. I Assume then they spend thier weekends in Prestatyn! Cheers for the offer(s) of help I will ty and talk to the seller again tomorrow and will send some PM's once I know a bit more.

Where are they going to? I can try and assist a relay if needed. I refuse to go to South London though!

End destination I guess is BN17, West Sussex but Once the GTE is on the road and my workload lessens I will make it a priority to collect them from wherever they end up.

Thanks All

Joe

Tomorrow might be a bit short notice for the seller,

The seller has given a choice of pickup location. He's now saying its Hawarden rather than Chester and that would be on a weekday. I Assume then they spend thier weekends in Prestatyn! Cheers for the offer(s) of help I will ty and talk to the seller again tomorrow and will send some PM's once I know a bit more

Ok, Prestatyn and Hawarden are both about 20 minutes from me, can easily pop to Hawarden On a week night or to Prestatyn on the weekend either one is fine.

I need to go to Chester, weekend is easier though.

Poss I collect lights from Cavcraft's? Or maybe he would pass Hough green and could drop them there for me.

I also have something needs picking up from puddlethumper in Dudley. Maybe me or Junkman can take them there.

Will speak to junkman about this tonight if I remember.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, Bit of an update to this Shitely thread.

Thanks to the brilliant efforts of SierraMikeHotel the Lewisham lights are with me! Cheers again for your help.

Cavcraft has also been able to pickup the North Wales lights and they are currently with him in Chester. He's had them a few weeks now and I'm consious that I need to try and get a plan together to get them moved on a stage.

I was wondering if there was anyone in a position to help shift them onwards? It would be ideal if they could end up in the West Midlands area some time in the next two weeks. Anywhere in Birmingahm /  The black country would be Ideal but even getting them to somewhere like Stoke would be a bonus.

Hopefully if they can be bought a bit closer Theres a possibility CND Dave can collect them in the next few weeks.

Happy to chuck a little beer / petrol money in to cover any expenses.

Thanks again to anyone who has helped or offered to help so far!

Cheers

Joe

If any local shiter retrieves them, I could relay them to the Brum/West Midlands area if that's any help.

I need to go to Chester, weekend is easier though.

I also have something needs picking up from puddlethumper in Dudley. Maybe me or Junkman can take them there.