The Secret Life of Machines

Ratdat

I'd pretty much forgotten about this great series until I happened upon mention of it's creator Tim Hunkin whilst reading something unrelated. A quick hunt around an joy of joys, the full series to download!http://sciencezero.4hv.org/tslom.htmJust watched the internal combustion engine one again and it's great! H&S probably wouldn't allow them to make this program now. Top quality TV!

I loved this show.I recall Rex Garrod suggesting that white goods manufacturers deliberately make the plastic shelves and stuff in fridge doors really weak and flimsy so they break and you have to buy a new 'fridge 'cos nothing ever goes wrong with them and they wouldn't sell any new ones otherwise! Preposterous! :wink: Rex went on to build one of the first winning robots in Robot Wars. Very sad that I know that innit? :oops:Tim Hunkin is hereWhile you're at it, remember Wilf Lunn?

The little 100A takes a beating in the car one!Theyre really interesting to watch :)

I've downloaded all of them now so plenty of viewing whilst having my lunch for a few days :lol: Did you get my message BTW?
I'm just watching the engine one at the mo, blowtorch and fuel injection! quality!I got your message, but my phone is spazzing out, so you have an email instead :)

Wilf Lunn!!! I supect people like Lunn and the likes of Jonny Ball, Magnus Pyke etc were responsible for a large part of my education and interest in science and mechanics.

And who are their current equivalents? Can't think of any- God help the current generation, they won't have a clue how to do anything, or how anything works!

Wilf Lunn!!! I supect people like Lunn and the likes of Jonny Ball, Magnus Pyke etc were responsible for a large part of my education and interest in science and mechanics.

And who are their current equivalents? Can't think of any- God help the current generation, they won't have a clue how to do anything, or how anything works!
You're not wrong! :oops: